AXE I/O, no sound

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

AXE I/O, no sound

Postby chicagobears316 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:11 am

I have AT4, got AXE I/O on bundled with AT 5 (haven't installed AT5 yet). I updated the AXE I/O drivers and it seems to have removed my ability to use ASIO4all v2 is it crashes when ever I load those. I can't get any sound in AT 4 or in the AXE I/O control app. Testing it in windows it has a 0% input. What am I missing here?

-----
edit for slight update, apparently my instrument cable went bad. After swapping cables, the AXE I/O now has sound input registering, but still no output through my speakers and no output in AT4 or in the AXE app

Looking at the full manual.... does it not work like the IRig devices where I go to the computer with USB and then from the computer to the speakers? Maybe I need to find a way to hook it up straight to the speakers though the back of the I/O (to play through my externally powered monitors)
chicagobears316

Re: AXE I/O, no sound

Postby dlgebert » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:01 pm

chicagobears316 wrote:I updated the AXE I/O drivers and it seems to have removed my ability to use ASIO4all v2 is it crashes when ever I load those.

You definitely can't use ASIO4ALL with the AXE I/O.

chicagobears316 wrote:where I go to the computer with USB and then from the computer to the speakers? Maybe I need to find a way to hook it up straight to the speakers though the back of the I/O

If possible, you would want to connect your powered? speakers to one of the AXE I/O outputs. They would need to be powered since the AXE I/O doesn't have an amplifier to drive speakers directly.

Ideally, you want your AXE I/O to be the input and output device. If your AXE I/O is the input device, and for example, if you have a sound card and it's the output device for your speakers, having two different devices will cause hardware timing issues and latency.

chicagobears316 wrote:no output in AT4 or in the AXE app

When you say "AXE app", are you referring to the AXE I/O Control Panel? If you are seeing lights on the unit, but not in the AXE I/O Control Panel or AT4 standalone program, then there are a couple of things to try.

Look for the [MONITOR] knob to the left of the [HEADPHONES] knob. Turn it all the way to the right towards [DAW]. Can you see activity in the AXE I/O Control Panel software now? If not, it could be a USB connection or driver issue.

If you have a pair of headphones, try those and see if you can hear your guitar's clean signal. If you can hear it through headphones and the [MONITOR] knob is turned all the way to the right, but nothing is going to your PC, then I'd check the USB cable.

You may want to contact IKM support if you are still having issues after checking the things I mentioned. Below is a link to the AXE I/O FAQ page.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?category=13&topic=axe-io

Dave
dlgebert

Return to Interfaces & Controllers