No input from Scarlett interface in Amplitube 4

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

No input from Scarlett interface in Amplitube 4

Postby plathamik » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:17 pm

Hi All,

I have opened a support ticket, but wondering if I am missing something.

I am running a MacBookPro with Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 2nd gen interface. I have just purchased Amplitube 4 and I can't get any noise at all from it. The input VU meter in the software registers nothing.

I have tried both inputs on the Scarlett and changing them in the software does nothing. I have direct monitoring off on the front of the interface and can see input lights on the device so I know my signal is getting in to the interface. The interface is working fine as has been tested on some different software.

Any ideas?
plathamik

Re: No input from Scarlett interface in Amplitube 4

Postby DarkStar » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:33 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

What devices have you selected in AmpliTube's audio set-up? As per the User Manual, " Select
your audio device as the Output device first, then select the same device as your Input device." (No, I do not know why :))

--------------------------
PS: it would be best to change your Account Name away from an email address, to minimise the chance of it being harvested by web bots and you receiving all sorts of 'special offers', bank account verification requests, Amazon Prime renewals, Ray-Ban sungalsses, tax refunds etc from all over the place for years and years. You can change it here:.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby plathamik » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:36 pm

Hi Thanks for the reply, but I think I have really broke it now. I tried uninstalling by dragging the app to the bin and now I can't reinstall it again, the app is no where on my Mac yet when I login to the product manager it says installed.
plathamik

Postby DarkStar » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:32 pm

Hmm, I do not know OSX, but I guess the IK Product Manager ("IKPM") does not detect manual deletions.

Can you dig it out of the bin? If you want to uninstall then follow the instructions in the User Manual.

---------------------
As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chip in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby plathamik » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:50 pm

I Sorted this issue, it was because I hadn't granted access to my microphone, seemingly it needs this to record even if using an interface.

Got a second issue though I have no presets, says unable to open preset database. Tried custom shop and restore purchases, but no joy.
plathamik

Return to Interfaces & Controllers