MixBox CS question

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

MixBox CS question

Postby supanorton » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:10 pm

Hi, wondering about what the differences are between MixBox for PC/Mac and MixBox CS. I see that MixBox CS is only $39, which is an enormous price difference from the PC/Mac version. Does the iPad version run as well and include all the same features as the PC/Mac version?
supanorton

Re: MixBox CS question

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:33 pm

The code is from the desktop version, but there are some limitations based off of the platform. For example, there's no Rack Overview feature on iPad. It also has a smaller GUI and is capable of fewer instances on iPad. But other than that, honestly $60 for a $200 product is - as my younger colleague put it - "pretty dope".
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby supanorton » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:29 pm

Thank you, Peter.
supanorton

Postby supanorton » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:14 pm

Peter_IK wrote:The code is from the desktop version, but there are some limitations based off of the platform. For example, there's no Rack Overview feature on iPad. It also has a smaller GUI and is capable of fewer instances on iPad. But other than that, honestly $60 for a $200 product is - as my younger colleague put it - "pretty dope".

As my students say, "Mad dope!"

I was watching the MixBox CS video and noticed, at 1:53, AXE IO as an input. Does that mean there's an upcoming firmware or something that makes AXE IO compatible with iPads?
supanorton

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:36 pm

supanorton wrote:
As my students say, "Mad dope!"

I was watching the MixBox CS video and noticed, at 1:53, AXE IO as an input. Does that mean there's an upcoming firmware or something that makes AXE IO compatible with iPads?

iPad Pro USB-C is a little different from other iOS devices. Since it doesn't use lightning, a lot of class compliant devices work great. AXE I/O in this case is not using it's drivers, but class compliant drivers.

It's not completely ideal, but it does get the job done.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby supanorton » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:39 pm

Good to know! As always, thank you, Peter.
supanorton

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories