Help - Sampletank on my iPad opens up and freezes

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Help - Sampletank on my iPad opens up and freezes

Postby duanem0 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:53 am

It just started today, when I open up Sampletank on my iPad, it freezes and when I tap on
The screen the word “copy” comes up in the top left, I tap on the screen again and it goes away.
I tried deleting and reinstalling Sampletank but the same thing.
Everything was working fine.
Thanks
duanem0

Re: Help - Sampletank on my iPad opens up and freezes

Postby guitar4him » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:19 am

I have 4 iPads and an iPhone and SampleTank started doing exactly what you're describing on all 5 devices. It appears to have started today. This is bad as I use ST on-stage every week.
Ken
Ipad Air, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6 Plus, iRig Pro, Blueboard, Jam-Up Pro, ILoud, AmpliTube, iGrand Piano, iLectric Piano, Sampletank, Galileo, Audiobus
guitar4him

Postby Karl0151 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:41 am

Mine is doing exactly the same problem freezes and a box with copy in top left ..... this really does need to be sorted I’ve spent about £70 on extras on this program and now it’s stopped working ...... it’s very frustrating and annoying
Karl0151

Postby cheekky » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:54 pm

There must be a problem with the IK Servers. Lurssen have the same problem as you describe.
It seems that the app want to contact something at the internet and get a false response so the app freeze/want a right answer. If you put your device offline, it seems to be work (at Lurssen it works to go offline).
cheekky

Postby duanem0 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:57 pm

That's good to know it's just not me that's having this issue with Sampletank being not functional!
I also use my ipad for playing out live with Sampletank and now I'm stuck until they come out with an update to fix this big issue!
duanem0

Postby duanem0 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:12 pm

Airplane mode gets me into Sampletank but I need to restore my purchases because I deleted Sampletank and reinstalled Sampletank to see if that would work.
duanem0

Postby guitar4him » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:42 pm

Putting your iPad into Airplane mode definitely works. I also discovered that, once the app loads, you can enable WiFi and it continues to work and you can download your purchases.
Ken
Ipad Air, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6 Plus, iRig Pro, Blueboard, Jam-Up Pro, ILoud, AmpliTube, iGrand Piano, iLectric Piano, Sampletank, Galileo, Audiobus
guitar4him

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:47 pm

Have you reported it to IK Support? They would be able to verify and submit to the developers.

Edit - looks like somebody did. Please try now, all should be good.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories