Benefits of upgrading to Amplitube 5 CS

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Benefits of upgrading to Amplitube 5 CS

Postby garrettendi » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:03 pm

Hi

I have Amplitube 4 CS along with the Metal pack, and a number of Fender amps. The website says that 5 “Upgrades previously purchased gear” but for CS only says “Unlocks previously purchased gear”

I thought that 5 has reimplemented all the amps so for example the British Tube Lead in CS or the Metal V in Metal would sound better.

Could someone please clarify for me the benefits of upgrading to 5 CS?
garrettendi

Re: Benefits of upgrading to Amplitube 5 CS

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:27 pm

You will not get the VIR™ technology cabinet upgrade which is a significant sonic improvement. Note that you'll use 16 impulse responses per speaker vs 600+ per speaker with just this one limitation. You can see the full comparison chart between each version which mentions this and other limitations on the AmpliTube 5 web page.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Benefits of upgrading to Amplitube 5 CS

Postby garrettendi » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:40 pm

Hi Peter

I have reviewed that page now and understand most of it, but the comparison mentions CS has new Amp Impedance improvements.

The website also mentions:

Remastered classic gear

AmpliTube 5 also revisits all the original AmpliTube legacy gear, adding not only a fresh new look, but optimized internal gain structure and superior power amp - speaker interaction to maximize their realism and feel.

Is the above referring to the Impedance work or is it not included in 5 CS?
garrettendi

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling