SampleTank 4 Max and Total Studio 2 Max Overlap?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank 4 Max and Total Studio 2 Max Overlap?

Postby huliginn » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:19 pm

Quick question: When I look at the SampleTank4 Max download in IK Product Manager, it says there is only about 26 gigs of info I can download. I am confused by this since the box for ST4 says there are over 250 gigs of samples, I believe. Is this because of overlapping samples I might already have in Total Studio 2 Max?

I asked this question at pre/post sales support, and the answer I got was “That may be possible.” Can anyone please help illuminate me here?
huliginn

Re: SampleTank 4 Max and Total Studio 2 Max Overlap?

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:08 pm

What is your ticket number? I'm sure they can assist you with more precision based on what you see in your IK Product Manager and what they see in your account, etc.

SampleTank 4 MAX has all that is mentioned here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... uments.pdf

Total Studio 2 MAX has much more that you can see here but there is some slight overlap: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/t ... p=software

Either way, IK Support can and will continue to assist you if you reply that the answer did not answer your question fully and if you provide your ticket number so we may have someone take a look at it. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: SampleTank 4 Max and Total Studio 2 Max Overlap?

Postby huliginn » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:02 pm

Hi Peter, thanks for the response. My ticket number is 7585868. I reached out again and I may be able to download it via “my products” on the IK website. I’m not sure yet, but that is something I can check after work today. As it stands, under the “sounds” tab in Product Manager for ST4 Max, it is still showing only 25.3GB available for download.

Since I’ve got you here, I’d like to address what is perhaps a bigger issue for me with this product delivery. I had ordered ST4 Max (boxed) on October 17. Having not received any shipping info after a couple of days, I reached out to Sebastian at pre/post sales support. He sent my tracking info at that time. I noticed that the package had a FedEx Label created, but had not left the warehouse since the 20th. I notified Sebastian on the 22nd that the package had not been delivered to FedEx, and he responded on the morning of the 23rd that he would check with the warehouse. I got no further communication, and I finally checked in again on the 26th. I asked if IK would please upgrade my shipping to Next Day, and received no direct response to this (this was repeated four separate times), with Sebastian telling me this was out of his control. There was more back and forth as you will see if you look at the ticket emails, and my product was not shipped until the 29th. I received the USB keys on November 3rd.

Inside the SampleTank 4 Max packaging, was a USB key containing SampleTank3. I notified Sebastian about this on the 4th. I have STILL not received shipping info, and Sebastian has again asked me to be patient and that it will ship “soon,” without giving me any estimated ship date, or following back up about it. The websites states that ordered products will ship within 3-5 business days of placing an order, and this has been false both times. Ultimately I don’t want to have to download this product, I ordered the boxed version, and I just want what I paid for. At this time I’m pretty unhappy with my experience with IK, and I really hope you can help me in some way. Thank you.
huliginn

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More