Is it balanced when upgrading to Amplitube 5? [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Is it balanced when upgrading to Amplitube 5? [Resolved]

Postby paturzo » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:34 am

With 399€ I can get full Amplitube 5 MAX plus an AXE IO.
I have already spent as a loyal customer to buy Amplitube 4 MAX, AXE IO SOLO and Stomp IO and is asked me as much as 299€ for the only upgrade from Amplitube 4 MAX to 5 MAX: seems this balanced?

Many thanks, best regards
paturzo

Re: Is it balanced when upgrading to Amplitube 5?

Postby DarkStar » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:42 am

Yes, it does.

You get the new features of AT5, all your current gear works in AT5, the new gear models over 100 recaptured cabinets and the 7 Collections that are not in AT4 MAX:
  • Fender® Collection 2
  • AmpliTube SVX 2
  • AmpliTube Brian May
  • Dimebag Darrell CFH Collection
  • AmpliTube Joe Satriani
  • Fulltone® Collection
  • AmpliTube Leslie®

And IKM has often bundled a lot of bonus software in with its hardware.

And I would think that you considered your purchase of AmpliTube 4 MAX and AXE IO SOLO (with its bundled software) good value.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:44 am

You expressed you didn't think it was fair and wouldn't be taking part. Are you reconsidering? Great! Because it is an excellent value.

If you have AmpliTube 4 MAX and you don't have the seven collections that have been released since then, you would want to upgrade to AmpliTube 5 MAX. You've had AmpliTube 4 MAX since late 2019 so I'm sure you've had a lot of great times with it and you can look forward to even better times with AmpliTube 5.

With that the new collections would be around $43 each if that was the only thing considered in the value. Normally they would be $680 to purchase if you had done so after AmpliTube 4 MAX (and that's $97 each average so even with JUST that to consider you'd be saving more than 50% off).

However you also get all the new gear in AmpliTube 5 plus the features. One great feature, the VIM™ cabinet section has 143,000 impulse responses (!!!) - yes, 143,000. If you wanted to consider those IRs that's about 1/10 of a cent a piece. Again, plus all of the great new features and engine of AmpliTube 5.

Speaking of those features and engine, all of your existing gear would work inside AmpliTube 5 and take avantage of those great features and that amazing completely new engine. Including the redone legacy amplifiers. It seems crazy how much value there is in this.

On top of that, with all of your loyalty you should have some great JamPoints to use and you could get an additional up to 30% off! WOW. I hope this deal doesn't get any better or IK might have to reconsider.

Thank you for having me write it out like this, even I get surprised at how great a deal this is.

Edit - if this deal does not appeal to you, however, there are lighter versions that are more cost effective available and all that sweet gear you have now will work in AmpliTube 5 or AmpliTube 5 SE as well.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:46 am

That said, this is primarily a user-to-user and general announcement forum so if you have other things you've purchased etc and would like to make a case for some sort of exception (sounds like you might be implying that you feel entitled to a different price?), you are welcome to do so with IK Support but the mods/admins and users here will not be able to accommodate such requests due to the aforementioned nature of this forum.

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby paturzo » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:57 am

I have bought AXE IO Solo after buying Amplitube (so I have an unused Amplitube DELUXE license, and the same earlier when i bought Stomp IO), I also bought Fender 2 but doing the upgrade step i'd like to align with a really full version (A5 MAX): for those reasons (A4 MAX full paid, unused supplementary licenses from promotion, paid Fender2) and considering this new good promotion A5 MAX + IO seems to me 299€ for a full upgrade particularly unbalanced.

Thanks, best regards
paturzo

Postby paturzo » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:14 am

Sorry, second unused license is A4 MAX too (not DELUXE as I stated); also have Leslie redeemed with promotion/jampoints.

Best regards
paturzo

Postby paturzo » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:30 am

I preordered AT 5 MAX upgrade.
Regards
paturzo

Postby garfy » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:38 am

Great stuff, glad you've got it sorted.

As this thread has been resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.

• If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
• If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling