SampleTank 4 Installation HELP!!!!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank 4 Installation HELP!!!!

Postby boogerfingerz » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:21 am

When I downloaded all the sounds for SampleTank 4 I downloaded them to an external hard drive. However, for some reason it seems to have downloaded it all on my laptop's internal hard drive somewhere also. I had about 140 GB of free space before the download, now I only have 29 GB after the download. It did download everything to my external drive (I'm able to find it on there), but I can't find where it downloaded all the sounds to my internal hard drive. All I see is that I now have basically no space left on my computer???? :shock:
boogerfingerz

Re: SampleTank 4 Installation HELP!!!!

Postby 9blackoranges » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:09 am

On a Mac try looking on Macintosh HD/users/shared/IK Multimedia
9blackoranges

Postby boogerfingerz » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:05 pm

9blackoranges wrote:On a Mac try looking on Macintosh HD/users/shared/IK Multimedia

Thanks for the help! I have a PC and I found a similar folder under Windows (C:)/Users/Public/Public Documents/IK Multimedia, but that folder only has 1.72 MB of data, so it can't be that one
boogerfingerz

Postby DarkStar » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:18 pm

boogerfingerz wrote:When I downloaded all the sounds for SampleTank 4 I downloaded them to an external hard drive. However, for some reason it seems to have downloaded it all on my laptop's internal hard drive somewhere also.

What did you use to download the files? The IK Product Manager? If so:
PLEASE NOTE: By default, the built-in download manager will download the content in the following user folder:
.../Documents/IK Multimedia/IK Product Manager.
It is possible to change the download folder in the Settings panel (see dedicated chapter for Settings).

Or, do a Search for one of the download files (I think that they all have "Part" as part of the file name) or for big files?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby boogerfingerz » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:37 pm

DarkStar wrote:
boogerfingerz wrote:When I downloaded all the sounds for SampleTank 4 I downloaded them to an external hard drive. However, for some reason it seems to have downloaded it all on my laptop's internal hard drive somewhere also.

What did you use to download the files? The IK Product Manager? If so:
PLEASE NOTE: By default, the built-in download manager will download the content in the following user folder:
.../Documents/IK Multimedia/IK Product Manager.
It is possible to change the download folder in the Settings panel (see dedicated chapter for Settings).

Or, do a Search for one of the download files (I think that they all have "Part" as part of the file name) or for big files?

Thank you SO MUCH!!! That was it!! Your the man!!
boogerfingerz

Postby DarkStar » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:08 pm

Good oh :)

I trust that you are going to set the "Install to " button in the Product Manager BEFORE you install the sounds libraries.

AND back up the library or the download files so you don't need to download / install them again.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby boogerfingerz » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:38 pm

DarkStar wrote:Good oh :)

I trust that you are going to set the "Install to " button in the Product Manager BEFORE you install the sounds libraries.

AND back up the library or the download files so you don't need to download / install them again.

That's the thing. I did set the "Install to" button beforehand to install to my external drive, and it installed it to both places. Oh well
boogerfingerz

Postby DarkStar » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:48 pm

Not quite - the destinations for the downloads and the installs are different and are set in different parts of the IK PM.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby gregc1 » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:25 pm

You guys need to fix your installer! Wouldn't it be a good idea to have the "download to" and "install to" settings in the same place? I would think very few of us would want to install 200GB of samples on our internal drives, especially without knowing we are doing it!
gregc1

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More