The right way to connect Irig Pro Duo?

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

The right way to connect Irig Pro Duo?

Postby proctoidpaul » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:49 pm

I'd had the iRig Pro Duo for about a year or so now. I use it with a [first gen] iPad Pro most of the time.

Most of the time I just use it at home and want to monitor with Ear Buds while using the looper or Amplitube studio to record tracks.

I often have trouble getting sound through to the ear buds or even input to be recognized. Usually I end up fooling around with stuff until it automagically starts working. But in my last session last night, I had it where metronome and drum track were playing in my ear buds (plugged into the iPad) and the Amplitube Studio indicated it was recording my feed. But my guitar did not come through the ear buds either during recording or even during playback.

I don't understand the inconsistency, nor what the magic combination is to make it all work consistenty. Occassionally I play "out" in small groups with connection to a portbable amp. How should all of this actually work? Ear buds in the iPad? On the iRig? I assume Amp connects best through the 1/4 "out" jacks, right?
proctoidpaul

Re: The right way to connect Irig Pro Duo?

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:32 pm

You should monitor the output via the iRig Pro Duo's headphone jack and yes the 1/4" outputs would be the best output to a PA/mixer/amp/etc.

I would recommend working with IK Support directly for official support with your other issues via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and I'm sure they can help you out.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories