Why So Many "Preset Warning"s ??

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Why So Many "Preset Warning"s ??

Postby brianbane » Wed May 18, 2011 12:17 pm

If that's correct, then this is the second reported case of this.
Let me know so I can report back to development and get it straightened out.
brianbane
1K Club

Postby anders.music » Wed May 18, 2011 4:56 pm

Hi!

I have the same problem with "presets warning".
I get this warning with every "old" preset I did with a Velo-8 ribbon mic. It now loads with a SM-57 instead.
I have Amplitube 3.5.2 and fender installed on WIn7 64bit.

/Anders
anders.music

Postby brianbane » Wed May 18, 2011 9:43 pm

Anders, is all of your Fender gear locked, or just Velo-8?
Did you go to "Restore My Gear" in the Custom Shop application?
brianbane
1K Club

Postby anders.music » Wed May 18, 2011 10:33 pm

brianbane wrote:Anders, is all of your Fender gear locked, or just Velo-8?
Did you go to "Restore My Gear" in the Custom Shop application?

None of my fender gear is locked. And yes, I´ve restored my gear in the custom shop.
The "preset warning" happen when I´m trying to load presets that was saved with the old Amplitube (3.0.2 I think) before the 3.5 update. And I´m now 100% sure that its the velo-8 mic.
I´m solving this now by just change the sm57 back to the velo-8 and re-save.

I can mail you some of my presets that I´m having trouble with, if that´s any help.
anders.music

Postby brianbane » Thu May 19, 2011 2:21 am

Actually that would be great if you could take a minute to fill out a support ticket so Tech Support can properly follow up with you and examine some of these presets.
brianbane
1K Club

Postby makebeats » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:19 am

Im try to use Amp 4 right to put down an idea and this "preset warning" BS is making me nuts. IMO Amp 4 is the best amp sim to get real clean sounds but the endless advertisements turns this product into trash. First I had to delete the presets that didnt come with my version ,Fender Custom Coll. ,now this. A PROFESSIONAL product would have a button to TURN OFF these preset warnings and let the user work. If I'm missing something, so be it.

IK includes this just to try and sell, sell ,sell.

I will never recommend AMP 4 again, though I've done so many times (even over SGear). IK truly is silly to be so greedy as to cripple a product.
makebeats

Postby ramuji » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:20 am

makebeats wrote:Im try to use Amp 4 right to put down an idea and this "preset warning" BS is making me nuts. IMO Amp 4 is the best amp sim to get real clean sounds but the endless advertisements turns this product into trash. First I had to delete the presets that didnt come with my version ,Fender Custom Coll. ,now this. A PROFESSIONAL product would have a button to TURN OFF these preset warnings and let the user work. If I'm missing something, so be it.

Doesn't the latest update (4.6) have this option "to hide pop-up message about gear not owned", or are you talking about something else?
--
ramuji
ramuji.com
ramuji

Postby makebeats » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:17 pm

ramuji wrote:
makebeats wrote:Im try to use Amp 4 right to put down an idea and this "preset warning" BS is making me nuts. IMO Amp 4 is the best amp sim to get real clean sounds but the endless advertisements turns this product into trash. First I had to delete the presets that didnt come with my version ,Fender Custom Coll. ,now this. A PROFESSIONAL product would have a button to TURN OFF these preset warnings and let the user work. If I'm missing something, so be it.

Doesn't the latest update (4.6) have this option "to hide pop-up message about gear not owned", or are you talking about something else?

I have ver 4.4 so I will try an update. If this is a feature that I will be happier. If they made a Pro version that only installed what the buyer is getting with no links to the shops I would be ery happy.

Thanks for the info
makebeats

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:32 pm

Old thread, please reply to or create current topics. Also please review the forum rules, especially those about moderation and not discussing it in forums where it isn't a topic (actualy at all, per the rules linked at the top of every page).

This request and others is already logged and in the official Wishlist thread for AmpliTube so... As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Previous

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling