Amplitube Tuner registers lower pitch

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube Tuner registers lower pitch

Postby TarnaBar » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:43 pm

Hello, sorry to make a post about it but I couldn't find any information elsewhere.
Been learning guitar for about 2 years and lately I started trying to play at my computer just because I don't want to make my neighbours too angry xD
Bought a Focusrite 3rd gen Solo, a DI box, started making my own pedalboard and so. So I might got lost on the way with so much stuff togheter(also I watch a ton of YT videos to learn about this gadgets and gizmos and all-around music)

The thing is I just noticed that if I connect my guitar to the focusrite directly or through the DIBox, or just use the whole line Pedals->DI->Focusrite. They all give me a strange result if I try to tune my guitar in Amplitube and that is - > every string is lowered by a half step and a half (3/4 of a step) in pitch. To my knowledge I can't understand why. I think I've tried also with a Rocksmith cable and if I remember correctly that one was pretty ok.
With the Focusrite I am using Asio drivers with the game cable was using DirectSound.
To be honest tough the sound is ok, I mean it sounds pretty much in tune, but the tuner thinks differently. Can someone willing to spare some minutes explain me in detail.
I spent the last 3 days building the pedalboard and setting the chain etc. so I might have lost some informations on the way.
Thank you <3
TarnaBar

Re: Amplitube Tuner registers lower pitch

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:41 pm

Check the TUNE option on the TUNER. This is usually set to 440Hz. If any other tuners you have are set differently, you can adjust this value.

Support might have other suggestions for you: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby TarnaBar » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:48 am

That is exactly the problem the Tune is set to 440, as all my other physical tuners I own. It's only Amplitube bein the odd one out, and when paired with the Focusrite.
TarnaBar

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:05 pm

TarnaBar wrote:That is exactly the problem the Tune is set to 440, as all my other physical tuners I own. It's only Amplitube bein the odd one out, and when paired with the Focusrite.

That's odd, maybe check Sample Rates and make sure everything is getting to AmpliTube as clean as possible. Make sure to open a support ticket as well. Send them a video example and PM me the ticket number.
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling