Irig midi 2 + Bluetooth headset

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Irig midi 2 + Bluetooth headset

Postby Connjazz » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:19 pm

I recently purchased an irig midi 2 to use with my iPhone 8 and a digital piano.
I was hoping to be able to use the Bluetooth from my phone to my Jabra 65t as an in ear monitor.

The issue is, that when using Bluetooth there is a 1/2 second lag, which makes it very difficult to play.

The iPhone app has no latency without Bluetooth.

My question is, if I were to use an external Bluetooth transmitter connected to my phone via 1/8 inch plug. Would I still get the same latency issue? Alternatively, would upgrading the iPhone to the latest model eliminate the issue as well?

My ear buds are compatible work AAC but not aptx (low latency) Bluetooth
Any suggestions would be appreciated
Connjazz

Re: Irig midi 2 + Bluetooth headset

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:22 pm

iRig MIDI 2 does not transmit audio data, only MIDI data. The issue is likely with the app you are using to produce sound. IK's (and many/most other) audio apps do not transmit realtime audio over Bluetooth because there will always be a level of latency that makes realtime performance unbearable.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Irig midi 2 + Bluetooth headset

Postby Connjazz » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:42 am

Thank you for your reply,
I’ve decided to settle with a wired connection, however now I’ve hit a road block with this.
I need to split my lightning cable so I can have the midi signal and a 1/8 aux cable at the same time.
I purchased a splitter but it doesn’t work with the midi signal.
I am hoping that the iPhone is capable of audio and sync separately via splitter.

If you have any suggestions I would appreciate it.
Thanks
Connjazz

Return to Interfaces & Controllers