Will Promotional/NFR bundled software get transferred.....

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Will Promotional/NFR bundled software get transferred.....

Postby victorp.sg » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:51 pm

Will Promotional / NFR bundled software get transferred with transfer of hardware using License Transfer Credit?

I have a iRig Keys I/O 49 with the standard free content (such as SampleTank 3, SampleTank 4 SE) that normally came bundled with the hardware which I bought in October 2019. That month, SampleTank 4 MAX also came bundled with iRig Keys I/O 49 under IK Multimedia’s “MAX Your I/O Promotion” for only a month, so I have a sort-of NFR copy of SampleTank 4 MAX under my user account.

Now I wish to sell off my iRig Keys I/O 49 and its standard free content with transfer of ownership using the License Transfer Credit, BUT I want to keep SampleTank 4 MAX under my account. In this scenario, does the License Transfer Credit also transfer my sort-of NFR copy of SampleTank 4 MAX away?

I have already open a support ticket, but the replies are still not clear to me.

I have also read IK Multimedia’s EULA Clause 4.5b: “If the Product is part of a bundle of IK Multimedia software and hardware, only the hardware can be resold / transferred. Any bundled software Product is considered NFR.”. Does the “bundled software” mentioned in the second sentence means the standard free content, or one-time promotional product such as my copy of SampleTank 4 MAX?
victorp.sg

Re: Will Promotional/NFR bundled software get transferred...

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:16 pm

My understanding:
-- "Bundled software" means all associated products.
-- Accordingly, the answer to your original question is no.
-- But I think that you will lose the bundled software too, as you would no longer have the base product (I could be wrong here).
-- Edit: Support has said that you will keep the promotional; bonus ST4 MAX.

Your buyer will get the keyboard; you'll not have any of the bundled products.

For a definitive answer, reply to your Support email and ask for clarification of exactly what would be the outcome.

[Just in case you are tempted, please do not quote any correspondence between yourself and Support, as per the forum rules.]
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby victorp.sg » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:05 pm

Support replied that under My Products page, if I click on the product’s “Serials/License” button and if there is no “Transfer” button within the pop-up window, then the product cannot be transferred. Indeed this is true with my iRig Keys I/O 49 which has a “Transfer” button whereas my SampleTank 4 MAX does not.

However, it does not tell me if I transfer my iRig Keys I/O 49, will my SampleTank 4 MAX transfer along as well? Just like my Total Studio 2 MAX which has a “Transfer” button, but my AmpliTube 4 Total Studio MAX 2, T-RackS 5 Total Studio MAX 2, etc. do not have one — however, I do know that if I transfer Total Studio 2 MAX, my AmpliTube 4, T-RackS 5, etc. will all get transfer along as well.

I just need to know that if I transfer my iRig Key I/O 49 along with whatever standard/non-promotional free content, can I keep SampleTank 4 MAX in my case?
victorp.sg

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:02 pm

Full legal details can be found here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/legal/

The EULA is also very helpful, read more here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/legal/inde ... -agreement

The iRig Keys I/O can be transferred, but the bundled software is considered NFR. See part of the EULA 4.2 below. Make sure you use the link above for full details on the EULA, this is only one piece of the full EULA.

b) If the Product is part of a bundle of IK Multimedia software and hardware, only the hardware can be resold / transferred. Any bundled software Product is considered NFR.

Below is the definition of an NFR per the EULA.
4.3 Not For Resale

If the Product is labeled “NFR” or “Evaluation Copy”, then, notwithstanding other sections of this EULA, you may not sell, or otherwise transfer the Product.

Make sure to double check with support for specifics on your situation, but I hope the above information helps.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby victorp.sg » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:40 pm

Support has finally given me a clear reply, and for the benefit of others who may be in the same boat as me in the future, my SampleTank 4 MAX* will remain under my user account as an NFR copy even if I sell and transfer my iRig Keys I/O 49 to another person.

*SampleTank 4 MAX was a bonus software bundled with any iRig Keys I/O 49 purchased during IK Multimedia’s “MAX Your I/O Promotion” in October 2019.
victorp.sg

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:00 pm

That's good news :) I'll add a clarification to my earlier reply.

But what are you going to use for a keyboard? ;)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Interfaces & Controllers