Irig2 can’t access violin pickup

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Irig2 can’t access violin pickup

Postby Mthatcher61 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:57 pm

I am using violin passive pickup to Irig2 to phone 11. I use and adapter to a lightening plug to get from the irig2 to the iPhone.

I cannot access the violin pickup. All it accesses is the built-in microphone. I unplug the violin and get the exact same noise /signal that goes through the effects/amps in the AmpliTube CS app.
1. Where is this built-in microphone? Is it physically in the irig2?
2. How do I make the app/irig choose the pickup?
3. Could Garage band be interfering in the path?
4. Could the irig2 be faulty?
Please help.
Thank you
Mark
Mthatcher61

Re: Irig2 can’t access violin pickup

Postby obispojoe » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:43 pm

I don't own an irig 2, but my guess that the problem is that you cannot use a TRRS to lightning adapter to connect to the iPhone 11. I think you need the iRig HD 2, which has the proper cable to connect to a modern iPhone (without the headphone jack). Or, you need to use an older iPhone with a headphone jack. Someone from IK should be able to give you the definitive answer.
obispojoe

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:46 pm

obispojoe wrote:I don't own an irig 2, but my guess that the problem is that you cannot use a TRRS to lightning adapter to connect to the iPhone 11. I think you need the iRig HD 2, which has the proper cable to connect to a modern iPhone (without the headphone jack). Or, you need to use an older iPhone with a headphone jack. Someone from IK should be able to give you the definitive answer.

iRig 2 does work with the Apple 1/8" --> Lightning adapter (that they used to include with the newer phones, but that's another topic entirely :D ).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Mthatcher61 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:55 pm

I do have the lightening adapter from Apple. Is there an issue with that as well?
Mthatcher61

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:55 pm

Mthatcher61 wrote:I do have the lightening adapter from Apple. Is there an issue with that as well?

That's the one I was mentioning as compatible. If your iRig 2 doesn't work with that, please work with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and they will be able to assist you directly. Note that iRig 2 accepts instrument (guitar/bass) or line level input so whatever you are plugging in must supply that. It is not a mic preamp or similar.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers