New iRig Stomp IO buttons not working?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

New iRig Stomp IO buttons not working?

Postby keiranf » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:30 am

Hi, received my Stomp last week, but so far disappointed. I can save/modify presets from iPhone interface and change presets/Stomps from the iPhone screen but the buttons on the stomp will not change channels/Presets on either my iPhone 11 or iPad air.

I have checked not in looper mode, not in stomp mode and "reset" into/out of standalone via power cycle and button 1 many times. Any other suggestions out there?

I think I have a faulty unit or there is a software bug somewhere. I sent in a support request last Saturday, but other than the standard acknowledgement nothing since. Am thinking I have to return this to Thomann whilst I still can. Any last suggestions?
keiranf

Re: New iRig Stomp IO buttons not working?

Postby Sandwich84 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:38 am

This is the same problem as I am having and it looks like a few others on the board have experienced a similar problem. I submitted an enquiry on Sunday and have put questions on here but not heard anything yet from IK.

I think it’s a faulty cable or input (though I may be wrong as I’m certainly not an expert). When I unplug and plug in my old iPad sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t though I haven’t been able to get it to work with my newer iPhone yet.

Shame really as it’s probably a good product but if I don’t hear anything this week I’m just going to have to send it back as faulty.
Sandwich84

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:53 pm

Hey Guys,

Sorry to hear of your troubles here. I do have some suggestions to see if this is a hardware or software issue, but please note, this is not a technical support forum. This is solely for user-to-user discussion. The best place for help is support and if you've opened a ticket, you can always pass these my way. I can help escalate your case and flag down and details posted here.

When you guys can, try these steps on iOS to see if your iRig Stomp I/O hardware or software could be the issues. I've also left some good FAQs below for further details. Please get back to me in a PM with your results to avoid taking the thread down a rabbit whole of trouble shooting. This was I can pass any details to support directly.

Make sure to also update your firmware here.

Try these steps (Get back to me in a PM with results):

1) Open the Apple App store on your device and search and download the free MIDI Wrench application and launch.
2) Connect your iRig and play some keys or move some knobs on your MIDI device.
3) Let us know if MIDI Wrench response to this movement or playing and if so, please take a screen shot so we can see the data that the application is showing you.

Check these FAQs:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1150
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1149
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:36 pm

Confirmed both users' tickets have been regularly replied to and/or resolved.

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers