iRig Pre HD works on Android?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Pre HD works on Android?

Postby shhmv20 » Tue May 26, 2020 5:39 pm

Hi! I'm new here and sorry for my language mistakes in advance.
So.. I want to buy the Irig Pre HD device to use it with my Huawei P9 Lite 2017 OTG enabled phone.
I saw that there is a cable in the manufacturers page that makes Irig pre hd able to connect with my phone.
Is it a special OTG cable? Can i use my own otg cable with the device or is there any way to connect my phone to it without its factory cable? I really want to buy this thing but i am afraid that i will fail if it doesn't works.
Is anyone tried to make it work on Android anyway?
Thanks you in advance!
shhmv20

Re: iRig Pre HD works on Android?

Postby Peter_IK » Tue May 26, 2020 11:18 pm

You would need a cable that is linked here (and there are specific specifications/requirements there too): https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... hp?p=specs Third party cables may work but we cannot guarantee compatibility.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby BillyLane » Wed May 27, 2020 5:19 pm

With the iRig Pro I/O, I didn’t hear hiss or noise, as typically happens when you bring most preamps near to the max.
BillyLane

Postby Peter_IK » Wed May 27, 2020 5:42 pm

BillyLane wrote:With the iRig Pro I/O, I didn’t hear hiss or noise, as typically happens when you bring most preamps near to the max.

If you are having an issue, please report it to IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and they will assist you directly. Thank you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby shhmv20 » Wed May 27, 2020 5:48 pm

The original cable is not available in my country or near my country. :(
shhmv20

Postby Peter_IK » Wed May 27, 2020 5:49 pm

shhmv20 wrote:The original cable is not available in my country or near my country. :(

We ship almost everywhere in the world. Did you get a message on the IK store that you would not be able to receive the cable where you are?
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby shhmv20 » Fri May 29, 2020 3:54 pm

I bought the iRig PRE HD..it just arrived about 1 hour ago. It works fine with Android on my Huawei phone, with a 3rd party OTG adapter by Samsung.
Thanks IK Multimedia! I'm so glad with it! :)
shhmv20

Postby elsalieridecharly » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:41 am

Excuse me, shhmv20.
¿How do you connect your iRig with this cable to do that it works?
¿Maybe do you uses the mini din - usb A with an adapter?
Thanks a lot
elsalieridecharly

Return to Interfaces & Controllers