ASIO doesn't detect audio interface

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

ASIO doesn't detect audio interface

Postby MahdiRox » Tue May 26, 2020 9:51 am

Hello. I installed Amplitube custom shop (free) version 4.9.1 from my products section. When I try to select ASIO from Audio Midi Setup, it shows the following error:

"Could not initialize audio device"
"Please check your device is connected and turned on"

I'm using a scarlet 2i2 3rd gen and it's already working in Guitar rig 5 with no problem but I can't get it to work with Amplitube 4. I've tried reinstalling the app or restarting but it doesn't fix the problem.
MahdiRox

Re: ASIO doesn't detect audio interface

Postby kiel.chivers » Tue May 26, 2020 12:06 pm

I'm having the same issue with the Scarlett 18i8. The Amplitube plugin works fine in Ableton but the standalone app gives me the same error as yours.
kiel.chivers

Postby DarkStar » Tue May 26, 2020 12:28 pm

As you both have Scarlett audio devices, why not use that I/O driver? Mind you, the AT4 manual says "To use an iRig HD, iRig PRO, or similar 24-bit iRig USB audio device from IK Multimedia in Windows, ASIO4ALL is required." So I am confused.

Also, does this help?
When using ASIO, you must select the same audio device for both the Input device and Output device. Select
your audio device as the Output device first, then select the same device as your Input device.

----------------------------------
As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here for some one to one investigation and help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). Response time is usually within 2 working days, but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby MahdiRox » Wed May 27, 2020 5:23 am

I can't select input or output in the settings if I select ASIO. When I select it, it shows and error and then there's no device to choose in input or output settings.

I don't know about the I/O driver. It's usually recommended to use drivers provided by audio interface company. Asio4all is pointless when I have asio drivers from focusrite because asio4all is used when your device doesn't have asio.

In fact I'm able to use apps like guitar rig, yousician and even rocksmith with the asio drivers installed right now so normally Amplitube should support it as well.
MahdiRox

Postby Peter_IK » Wed May 27, 2020 7:36 pm

Yes, AmpliTube supports ASIO drivers (and definitely for Scarlett interfaces at least 2i2 as I've used it plenty of times with AmpliTube without issue in the past). Seems you are not experiencing typical behavior so I'd suggest opening a ticket at DarkStar suggests for direct and official tech support if you have not done so already. I'm sure they can figure out what is happening and get you fixed up.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby sanad097 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:17 am

I face the same issue when I select ASIO. But I am now using these settings and I don't know if this is what I should be doing. At buffer 256, there is a lot of disturbance and echo, while at 512, there is a delay between when I play and when I hear it.

Last edited by DarkStar on Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: "Img" tags added to the link
sanad097

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:59 pm

You're using Windows Audio not ASIO. That will not be optimal. You need to (install and) choose the ASIO drivers for your audio interface for best results.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby sanad097 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:54 am

Peter_IK wrote:You're using Windows Audio not ASIO. That will not be optimal. You need to (install and) choose the ASIO drivers for your audio interface for best results.

I uninstalled focusrite and then re-installed the drivers and yet I am unable to choose ASIO

https://i.imgur.com/mMoE78l.png
sanad097

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:34 pm

The AT4 User Manual recommends selecting the ASIO Output Device first (I've no idea why).

If that does not work, the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Serpent » Wed May 11, 2022 5:33 pm

Hi!

I tried several different guitar amp modeling softwares that work in standalone, and all of them work perfectly with my Steinberg UR242 USB Audio Interface. [mod redacted, please review the rules - please report this issue to IK Support and they will get you up and running]

But AmpliTube 5 just does not see my interface, it is not listed in available options, only generic ASIO or Windows audio. So, I don't get any errors, but I just cannot use my audio interface with this programm.
I found such a workaround, but even this is not working - if I manually rewrite this file, it reverts back as soon as I run the Amplitube 5 in standalone.
Serpent

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling