Question about ipad Amplitube versions

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Question about ipad Amplitube versions

Postby Mobi666 » Mon May 11, 2020 1:24 pm

Hi,
I am new to Amplitube. I just bought the irig HD2. I have the latest ipad mini. I have a few questions about software packages:
- What software comes with the HD2?
- In the app store on my ipad I see 2 versions of Amplitube? The Amplitube for 14€ and the Amplitube CS for free but with in app purchases? What is the difference between them? I did install the free CS version and then I see the extra amp packs. Are these packs the same in both versions of amplitube? I am mainly interested in 3 packs: the mesa pack, the fender pack and Dimebag pack. However there seems to be way too many options to buy in app in the CS version? What would be the best bundle for me? I see the all in 2019 bundle but that's 99€. Does this pack include all 3 packs mentioned above?

Sorry for all my noob questions ;-)
Mobi666

Re: Question about ipad Amplitube versions

Postby DarkStar » Mon May 11, 2020 2:58 pm

<<< Gah! - I got logged out while typing my reply >>

Hello Mobi666 and welcome to the forum.

The 2 editions of AmpliTube ("AT") that you mentioned are the same software; the difference is the gear models that are included. You can buy additional gear models for either edition. And the gear, when purchased, is the same in either AT or in AT CS.

This page https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irighd2/index.php?p=apps lists the bundled software. it includes "FREE AmpliTube Essentials Bundle for AmpliTube CS for iPad". >>>
Users who purchase and register this product are eligible to upgrade AmpliTube CS (FREE) version to to PAID version – for FREE. Download (or update) AmpliTubeCS (FREE) version from the App Store. Launch the app and tap on the "MENU" button, then tap on the "Account" button to register the app and your accessory using your IK User Name and Password. All the gear of AmpliTube PAID version will automatically be unlocked and available inside the app.

AmpliTube comes with 37 gear models (*1 of which is available after registration).

The 3 Collections that you mentioned would be additional purchases in either AT or in AT CS. And Collections represent much better value than buying the gear models individually. As far as I know they should be available to buy as Collections.

I do not know about the contents of the "All-In Bundle 2019". Please contact Sales Support for a definitive answer. Response time generally is within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please cut them some slack.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby BFRedrocks » Thu May 21, 2020 4:41 am

I am also new to AT and just bought an iRig HD2. When I put in the serial number to upgrade from the CS Free version to the PAID full version, do I enter the SN of the AT CS program (which I have in my account) or the SN of my iRig HD2 (not received yet) to unlock the extra rigs?
BFRedrocks

Postby Peter_IK » Thu May 21, 2020 4:27 pm

BFRedrocks wrote:I am also new to AT and just bought an iRig HD2. When I put in the serial number to upgrade from the CS Free version to the PAID full version, do I enter the SN of the AT CS program (which I have in my account) or the SN of my iRig HD2 (not received yet) to unlock the extra rigs?

You would use your iRig HD 2 serial number.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby BFRedrocks » Thu May 21, 2020 4:45 pm

Ah, that makes way more sense. Thank you!!
BFRedrocks

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories