iRig Keys 2 pro keeps disaappearing

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Keys 2 pro keeps disaappearing

Postby sschow1 » Sun May 17, 2020 4:28 am

I have an iRigKeys 2 Pro and it works great, except that it keeps disappearing when not in use and I have to unplug the USB and plug it back in to have it show up. What is going on?

The when it dissappears in software, I an see that it still has power and is lit up. When I unplug it and plug it back in, then it operates fine, but later on if I haven't used it in a while or if I rebooted, then I have to unplug it and plug it back in again to get it to show up.

Is the problem because I have it daisy chained off my QWERTY keyboard? I hope not because that is very convenient. Must I acquire a USB hub? My apple QWERTY also has an iLok daisy chained on it...and the QWERTY itself is plugged into a USB hub on my monitor.

It is getting power fine, but just disappearing from OSX in some way. It was only happening on reboot before, but recently it started dissappearing without reboot..and I'm not sure what is causing it to go offline actually.

Please advise.
sschow1

Re: iRig Keys 2 pro keeps disaappearing

Postby sschow1 » Mon May 18, 2020 12:10 am

so since last night...it has not disappeared, but LogicPro was not running. I'm now thinking that the new update to LogicPro 10.5 is somehow causing this midi controller to disappear easily somehow.

And also it is not being recognized on reboot either unless I unplug it and plug it back in.
sschow1

Postby Dave8888 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:38 pm

I have the same problem. The keyboard must be unplugged and plugged back each time I turn on the pc. Does anybody know about a solution?
Dave8888

Postby sschow1 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:14 pm

In my view this is a bug in the firmware. I think when the keyboard first powers on without the OS being booted up; it gets stuck in some state so that when the OS finally comes up tur keyboard itself is frozen, I have noticed that even it’s own buttons don’t respond in that state ( lights don’t change as you press them).

I already went full circle with IK tech support, they sent me a replacement keyboard which had exactly the same problem. The tech said it worked perfectly fine for him at his end so he blamed the problem on my system.

I am not having any other USB problems with this computer, so I don’t think there is anything wrong with my system, but it is an older Mac pro with USB2 ports, maybe it’s related to that in some way and the firmware is flawed.

Also I have noticed this only happens when you recycle power on the computer. So that keyboard loses power also. If you restart the computer in a way that keyboard doesn’t lose power, then it doesn’t get frozen. I’ve also noticed that the keybOard won’t function if I restart while an iPhone is plugged into another port, until you unplug and replug in the irig and then it works fine. I also had the same problem if my AirPods charger was plugged in during reboot.

Also, IK’s firmware updater won’t detect this keyboard on my Mac, but it does detect it on my pc, which is even older then the Mac.

Otherwise the keyboard works totally fine once you unplug it and plug it back in
sschow1

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:59 am

Sorry to hear you are having issues. I'm sure IK Support can resolve any issues in this thread directly and officially via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby sschow1 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:00 am

As I just explained, they were not able to resolve the concern.
sschow1

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:01 am

sschow1 wrote:As I just explained, they were not able to resolve the concern.

And as I explained they can. Please let them know they did not resolve your issue. It is not a "one and done" every time and they will continue to assist you until you are satisfied.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby sschow1 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:03 am

Peter, with all due respect you are sweeping under the rug now a problem in your product. Go to your development team and fix the firmware. Your tech support and I tried everything we could think of and no the problem did not go away.
sschow1

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:03 am

We also have guidelines posted as to what to do when posting and you have an existing ticket: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please review and follow those steps and I'm sure someone will be able to get you the proper assistance. I hope they or another user can help either way, I understand you are frustrated but please also review the main rules of the forum and keep it civil and any snark at a minimum. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby sschow1 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:04 am

I do not see anything I have said as being uncivil. I provided a lot of information which you should pass on to your dev teams in order to fix the product. I already provided this information to tech support.
sschow1

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:05 am

Looks like the support team did not find a problem with the product but again, you need to communicate back to them.

At this point it doesn't seem like this will stay on track so I'm locking this thread. Please review the forum rules including moderation, how to post civilly, posting things to purposely try to harm IK (alleging a firmware problem when not diagnosed that way for example), etc.

Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers