Stomp I/O Live on Windows 10 (NOOB Question)

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Stomp I/O Live on Windows 10 (NOOB Question)

Postby peterswa » Mon May 11, 2020 3:20 pm

I am a new Stomp I/O owner and cannot seem to figure out how I can leverage my AmpliTube 4 gear and presets. All works great as an interface into the Windows standalone app or in Reaper.

But, the reason I got this was to ALSO be able to use the same gear/pre-sets gigging.

In AmpliTube 4 (latest version), there is no "live" button.

On an ipad, I only have the basic gear, and not the additional bundle I have on the PC. There are options like buying Amplitide 4 (versus the CS versions which i have and have registered) and buying the All In bundle (again, I have purchased the MAX bundle already, so why do I need to re-buy the equipment)

What am I missing? Again, the idea is to be able to record in a Windows DAW, and be able to play out with the same tone.

I am on the latest Windows version and patches, latest firmware on the Stomp, latest AmpliTube, latest drivers.
peterswa

Re: Stomp I/O Live on Windows 10 (NOOB Question)

Postby peterswa » Mon May 11, 2020 4:42 pm

Just an update... I changed the Audio MIDI Setup option for MIDI Input to be: 4-iRig Stomp IO MIDI in 0. I can now assign presets in AmpliTube, and change them via the STOMP. It still doesn't show the LIVE button or a way to control "pedals", but I am able to change presets.

Also, what I do here is disconnected from the ipad (e.g., the presets are not stored locally, it seems, but rather on the PC or ipad).
peterswa

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon May 11, 2020 10:34 pm

I would be more than happy to help. Do note, when using the iRig Stomp I/O in AmpliTube 4 Stand-alone you will have two options under the MIDI IN section. The “iRig Stomp IO Control" option will activate LIVE mode, while the other option uses your device as a general MIDI device.

When switching between these AmpliTube will ask you to close/reopen and disconnect/reconnect the iRig Stomp I/O to make all the changes needed.

Do note, any LIVE settings assigned in Stand-alone will retain to your DAW sessions. Unfortunately, plug-in instances of AmpliTube will not show LIVE mode.

If you need any further assistance shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can do before sending you to support.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby paturzo » Tue May 12, 2020 6:08 pm

Hello,
on 02/05/20 I opened a ticket with the technical support for this issue too but I'm still waiting for an answer.
I use Amplitube 4 in stand-alone configuration on a Windows 10 PC (more than one machine with the same problem): since I have installed the new ASIO driver I'm no more able to activate "Live MODE" (selecting in "Settings/Audio MIDI Setup/Midi input" the option "iRig Stomp IO MIDI IN 0" allow me to switch presets but without "Live MODE", selecting as you said the other option "iRig Stomp IO Control" has no effect neither switching preset neither activate the "Live MODE", uninstalling ASIO driver everything restarts to work correctly ...but I would like to benefit the advantages from "iRig ASIO Driver for Windows (v.4.82.0)"). Please help me to solve the problem. Thank you.
paturzo

Postby long5150 » Tue May 12, 2020 9:18 pm

I had the same issue, gave up trying in the end. Gave up using the stomp I/O not long after I bought it over a year ago because it just didn't work properly with windows, Great with Iphone but waste of time with windows. Got quite excited when I saw the new ASIO drivers available so I dragged the stomp from the loft and had another go. Works great as an interface but could not get live mode to work at all. It would change presets though. My PC would not POST with it plugged in and had to unplug every time I wanted to start the PC. I hope you get some help to get yours working, might be nice if more info on forum about getting it working in windows from other users. Mine is in the bin, no joke, wasted many hours messing around with this instead of playing guitar, took a hammer to it! Good Luck!!!!!
long5150

Postby peterswa » Tue May 12, 2020 10:21 pm

Has anyone tried to un-install the IK ASIO drivers and just use generic ASIO4all? @paturzo comments seem to indicate that the problem started with the IK drivers.

As an interface, it works really well for me. I am getting better performance than my Scarlett (from a latency perspective and ease of use). I would really like to use it for more than that, however!

I also like the tones I can create. I did purchase the MAX bundle, which give tons of options and pre-sets. Looking forward to playing out with it.
peterswa

Postby paturzo » Tue May 12, 2020 10:24 pm

Finally had an answer from technical support telling me to try pressing leftmost footswitch while conneting power to exit from a possible stomp-io "standalone mode": even if the Stomp was not in standalone mode (vu-meter leds were off) I tried without any success. Problem not solved.
paturzo

Postby long5150 » Tue May 12, 2020 10:28 pm

I had it working with the asio4all drivers but amplitube hogs the audio so couldn't use spotify, youtube etc. It was a great interface but I had lots of issues with it disconnecting, making odd noises and shutting down randomly when I pressed foot pedals. Its a really good idea but for me it just didn't perform and drove me slightly mad with it's quirks. I hope you have more success than me with the stomp, amplitube itself is really cool and sounds great but mouse and guitar just don't mix!
long5150

Postby paturzo » Tue May 12, 2020 10:33 pm

@peterswa: yes, i also tried ASIO4ALL and works but not as well as the new IK custom ASIO (except the missed "Live MODE" control) since ASIO4ALL has more latency and does not allow other programs (like youtube) to play in background (that is possible with new IK custom ASIO).
paturzo

Postby peterswa » Tue May 12, 2020 10:53 pm

OK, so I uninstalled the IK ASIO Driver (iRig ASIO Driver for Windows (v.4.82.0)) and am running with just ASIO4ALL v2.14. Success! I am able to get into LIVE mode! Works with stand alone AmpliTube and Reaper. Yeah.

Bottom line here (for me at least) is that the IK ASIO drivers have issues with LIVE mode. I would suggest not using them if you want LIVE mode on Windows 10.

Now on to getting things set up for gigging.
peterswa

Postby lightboy » Wed May 13, 2020 3:48 pm

Sorry but the new driver has problems with windows 10 build 1909 might work with earlier builds but all of my computers are on 1909 build.

If you set the midi input to irig stomp IO control
It works as a interface but you have no control over the software for switching on the controller foot switch.

If you set midi input to irig stomp IO MIDI IN 0
you have it working as a interface and the software will respond to the foot switch to switch presets that are already programmed in only on the first four switches as you can't change banks or presets etc.
[mod redacted unnecessary editorial and assumptions]
lightboy

Postby lightboy » Wed May 13, 2020 4:12 pm

[mod edit please review the rules again specifically with regard to moderation and similar. Also, this thread has thoroughly devolved and nobody is adhering to the rules even after multiple mentions so it will be locked. Support is aware of your reports and any commonalities among your setups reported to the devs and any update will be made as necessary in the future]
lightboy

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed May 13, 2020 4:44 pm

Hi Everyone, thanks for posting. Our team has been made aware of the troubles you have been reporting here and directly to support and they are working on identifying common elements of the issues among you in order to get this addressed ASAP.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu May 21, 2020 11:19 pm

Hi All,

New update out in your User Area -> My Products section of your IK Multimedia account. This should help anyone with issues in regards to iRig Stomp I/O and LIVE mode.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/my-products/
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to Interfaces & Controllers