Hammond XK-1 Drawbars not mapped to B3-X

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Hammond XK-1 Drawbars not mapped to B3-X

Postby Timski787 » Tue May 12, 2020 2:32 pm

Hi,

In B3-X there is an option to select a Hammond hardware profile in the MIDI section.
I have selected XK and to my delight I can now use my own XK-1 to control the Leslie, chorus/vibrato and percussison sections of B3-X
For some reason the XK-1 drawbars do not do anything.

Is this correct?
If so, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE map the drawbars to B3-X that's the whole point of using a Hammond hardware controller!!

Thanks
Last edited by Timski787 on Tue May 12, 2020 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Timski787

Re: Hammond XK-1 Drawbars not mapped to BX-3

Postby Peter_IK » Tue May 12, 2020 3:46 pm

I'm not sure because I don't have a Hammond controller, but I believe they should be. This is probably best handled by IK Support who would have the ability to troubleshoot and fix whatever issue you are having directly via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Hammond XK-1 Drawbars not mapped to B3-X

Postby Peter_IK » Tue May 12, 2020 7:12 pm

I see you posted in the wishlist thread. However note that there isn't a profile/mapping for your controller in Hammond B-3X so the request should be a mapping for your controller. Your post makes it sound like there is one and it doesn't support drawbars which isn't the case - the Hammond controller profiles are for specific series of Hammond controller. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Timski787 » Tue May 12, 2020 7:17 pm

My Hammond is an XK-1, is that not in the XK series?
Timski787

Postby Timski787 » Tue May 12, 2020 11:31 pm

Hold your horses and stone the crows!
In my haste I never bothered to try the XK-3 MIDI profile and it works not only for the drawbars, Leslie etc, but the 12 preset buttons on the XK-1 also bring up the corresponding 12 panel presets on B3-X.
Very happy person here. The Neo Vent will be up for sale shortly and will probably fetch at least double what I paid for this app.

Seriously if you are looking for a ready-mapped, Hammond style controller (that also happens to look cool with faux wood-panelling) for B3-X try and get an XK-1 (or XK-3). They usually go for £300-400 on the bay.
Timski787

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories