Importing backing tracks into Amplitube app on iPad

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Importing backing tracks into Amplitube app on iPad

Postby Cypher123 » Tue May 05, 2020 5:13 pm

Without using iTunes how can I import a backing track into the app?
Cypher123

Re: Importing backing tracks into Amplitube app on iPad

Postby Peter_IK » Wed May 06, 2020 5:37 pm

If you want to use the Speed Trainer to play along with a track you can tap the eight-note icon on the bottom row to open Speed Trainer, then the plus sign at the top right to import and choose Wi-Fi, File Sharing, or pull in something from your music library (as long as it is not using DRM like Apple Music, etc).

You can paste into the Studio from other iOS apps, etc using the method found in the in-app User Manual under "Recording and Mastering"
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Cypher123 » Wed May 06, 2020 10:36 pm

Thanks. I sort of knew all that already though. I'm a PC guy so I'm used to making my way around folders. With this iPad I'm still trying to figure out where the music library is. With a PC I could just stick in a flash drive that contained some songs and from the program I wanted to load a song into just click on load go to the flash drive and that would be that - simples! But here I am spending days over something that should have taken minutes. Still, thanks again anyway.
Cypher123

Postby Ilia » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:56 pm

This is what I just worked out: to import audio from another program, e.g. Cubasis into the AmpliTube 8 track Recorder (purchase of Recorder required) -
1. Mix down that part in Cubasis, if it is a freeze of midi, then you will find it using the Files app (newer devices only) and navigate to e.g. Cubasis, Projects, that project’s name and Audio. You will find that audio file with the “freeze” in the name.
2. In the Files app, tap that audio file until you can share. Choose Copy to AmpliTube. This will open AmpliTube with a blank (on my iPad it opens another instance of AmpliTube - I didn’t know this was possible). You need to go to the Trainer (to the left of the Looper) and the file will be there for you to practice. However...
3. In the Trainer, you will see a Studio icon above the list of files kinda looks like multiple lanes of something with a down arrow - click on that.
4. Your file is now inserted into the recorder.

I wish the manual had that instead of vague reference to copy that doesn’t work most of the time.

There is another method, if you own AudioShare or similar - open an audio file in there, click copy to general paste in and then AmpliTube recorder will paste it. But a lot of people stopped using this AudioShare once Files feature appeared in IOS, so AmpliTube - you have to update this, me thinks.
Ilia

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories