Instruments loading in SampleTank 4 + installation process

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Instruments loading in SampleTank 4 + installation process

Postby Lophophora » Mon May 04, 2020 5:50 am

Hello,

I just purchased a few instruments and installed everything. Sorry for the rant but your installation process is really cumbersome, compared to most competitors. I recently changed computers and had to reinstall everything, which was a smooth process thanks to the download managers offered by all the programs I use... Except IK Multimedia.

Maybe I did something wrong, but I started by creating an account on the website, which then invited me to download and install the latest version of the Authorization Manager, which I did. When I launched it, it invited me to enter my licenses, which I did, and it said that everything had been authorized. So at this point I assumed that I just had to install the programs and that I would be done. Man, was I wrong...

I downloaded several plugins and started installing them, only to find that the installer forces you to install the Authorization Manager, regardless of the fact that you already have it installed. I installed 7 plugins, so I had to install the Authorization Manager 8 times. Actually 9! Because at one point the install package installed an older version and when I wanted to use it I was required to download and install the latest version (which I already had installed and uninstalled 5 or 6 times at this point). Please tell me I did something wrong and that this is not your normal install process because it is really messed up. BTW it wouldn't hurt to mention on the My Products page that you have to download the sound libraries separately, because this is not common practice and I'm pretty sure some people are overlooking it and wondering why their virtual instruments don't produce any sound.

Then when I launched the first plugin, it prompted me to launch the Authorization Manager and enter my license... again. Which I did, without understanding why I had to do it again when the Authorization Manager already told me earlier that everything had been properly authorized. For one of the plugins (I think it was T-RackS 5), when I re-entered my license for the second time I got an error message that this license number had already been used. Duh. Actually I wonder why I didn't get the same message for all of the other plugins. Anyway, it looked like I was stuck in this loophole so I just closed the Authorization Manager and my DAW and restarted it, and to my surprise, this time the plugin worked without asking anything. Fascinating.

So after an entire morning of downloading, installing, re-installing, authorizing, re-authorizing, I finally got everything to work... almost. I can't load any instruments in SampleTank 4. I followed the full process just like SampleTank 3, I double-checked that the sound libraries were installed property and they are indeed, but when I want to load an instrument in SampleTank 4 nothing happens. I did the same with SampleTank 3 and it works. So what should I do now?
Music producer & Audio engineer
DAW Reaper / OS Windows 10 / AI RME Fireface UFX II
SoundWise Music Production
Lophophora

Re: Instruments loading in SampleTank 4 + installation proce

Postby Lophophora » Mon May 04, 2020 8:41 am

Ok, restarting my DAW solved the issue with SampleTank 4, apparently sound libraries have to be "built" inside the plugin.
Music producer & Audio engineer
DAW Reaper / OS Windows 10 / AI RME Fireface UFX II
SoundWise Music Production
Lophophora

Re: Instruments loading in SampleTank 4 + installation proce

Postby garfy » Tue May 05, 2020 8:03 am

He Lophophora and welcome to the forums.

I'm glad that you got your issues resolved. Often a restart of software and/or computer can cure a multitude of problems.

As this thread has been resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.

• If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
• If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More