Latency, Noise, Blue screens aaaggghh

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Latency, Noise, Blue screens aaaggghh

Postby in2thepit@gmail.com » Fri May 01, 2020 7:25 pm

Hi Folks,

I really wanted to like this product but its pretty dreadful.. at the moment. I remain hopefully but mostly defeated.

OK, I use a focusrite scarlett solo interface and when I fire up Guitar rig 5 all works perfectly. However, when I fire up AmpliTube 4 its a disaster. Crackling, lots of latency.

I have tried installing the ASIOall driver, using the Focusrite driver, changing the buffer size in the Focusrite settings and in the AT4 setting. Normally I get a Blue screen when changing the driver or buffer size in the AT4 midi settings. I have managed once or twice to get a reasonably clean sound from AT4 albeit it lagged about half a second ..

I have read numerous online articles, mostly telling me to adjust buffer size. I have adjusted buffer down to 64 which is the lowest I can see when using the ASIO driver..

I've just about given up.

My system is windows 10 build 18363, 8 GB RAM, SSD hard disk. Performance shouldn't be an issue.I work in IT and am very technically competent.

What am I missing here folks. Three days in and about to uninstall this software and stick with Guitar Rig. Just curious to hear it running.

Thanks in advance.
in2thepit@gmail.com

Re: Latency, Noise, Blue screens aaaggghh

Postby garfy » Fri May 01, 2020 9:50 pm

Hello in2thepit

Firstly, I would suggest that you change your name to something other than your email address. Bots can harvest this type of information and you could be inundated with unwanted email spam.

in2thepit@gmail.com wrote:I have read numerous online articles, mostly telling me to adjust buffer size. I have adjusted buffer down to 64 which is the lowest I can see when using the ASIO driver..

Have you tried increasing the buffer size? In most cases lowering the buffer to a point where your CPU can't keep up is when you will experience crackling. Of course the higher the buffer setting the more latency you will experience, but it's worth a try.

in2thepit@gmail.com wrote:Normally I get a Blue screen when changing the driver or buffer size in the AT4 midi settings

Obviously, this is not expected behaviour and I would suggest you should raise a ticket with IK official support here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
They normally try to answer in 2 working days, but considering the current global situation this may take a little longer.

Hope that helps
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling