amplitube4 recorder 8 track

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

amplitube4 recorder 8 track

Postby satan165 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:44 pm

hello,

i am currently using the free version of amplitube4 and i am happy with it.

i only have access to 2 of the 8 tracks on the recorder, when i try to access track 3 i get a popup asking me to 'buy now in custom shop'.

that leads me to the custom shop where i see the full version is $149.99

my question is this: i see also in the custom shop some of the other collections (dimebag darrel, joe satriani, brian may, etc...)

if i purchase one of those packages, i understand it will give me access to amps/pedals/etc......but will it also unlock the remaining tracks in the recorder? i am ok with spending $150 if i have to, but as i am interested in the dimebag collection (which is also incidentally cheaper), id rather do that.

is there any other way to get access to the remaining tracks outside of the $150 package?

thanks.
satan165

Re: amplitube4 recorder 8 track

Postby garfy » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:59 pm

Hello satan165 and welcome to the forums.

satan165 wrote:but will it also unlock the remaining tracks in the recorder

No, I'm afraid not. The add-on packs of gear will work within the free AT4CS version you are currently using, but the 8-track recorder is only available in the full version of AT4, available in the Standard, Deluxe or MAX packages.

Hope that answers your question.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby DarkStar » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:15 pm

<< garfy inter-posted while I was looking round the Store :) >>

Hello satan165 and welcome to the forum.

You're right, the free edition of AmpliTube 4 ("AT4") has a 2-track recorder. The paid-for version has 8 tracks and other additional features too. And, as you said, the pop-up is prompting you to buy the full edition of AT4, via the Custom Shop program.

Those Collections are just that - collections of additional gear models that you would be able to use within the free edition of AT4. And getting the individual gear models separately would be more expensive. But they do not unlock the other features of AT4, such as the 8-track Recorder.

The only way to get that is purchase an AT4 licence - for AT4, AT4 Deluxe or AT4 MAX. Note that the gear models in these products is fixed; some users had the impression that new gear was added to the products as it is released. That is not the case.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby DarkStar » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:27 pm

Just a thought.

If you are considering AT4 at 149.99, you could perhaps have a look at Total Studio 2 MAX at 249.99.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=9367
Among other thing you get:
-- AmpliTube 4 MAX, Fender Collection 2, AmpliTube SVX 2, Fulltone Collection
-- T-RackS 5 MAX, Lurssen Mastering Console

Or, if you already have some IK Multimedia products, you may qualify for the Crossgrade, Upgrade or MAXgrade price. Check the Crossgrades section in your User Area.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby obispojoe » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:55 pm

One of the best ways to get full versions of IK software is to purchase one of the hardware interfaces like the iRig HD 2. It $99 and right now you get the full version of Amplitube 4. The other thing to do is wait for various sales that IK offers. They do this all year round. Right now, if you buy an AXE I/O product you get Amplitube MAX included.
obispojoe

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:39 pm

Good point, and noting that the Total Studio 2 MAX prices that are going on right now are the historically lowest prices ever for the huge bundle.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling