Amplitube 4 CS Not opening in Studio One 2 [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 4 CS Not opening in Studio One 2 [Resolved]

Postby rcipriano1983 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:12 pm

Hello,
Not sure if Im in the right area for this question? And I not sure if this is the same problem the previous person above had.
I just downloaded the free version of Amplitube 4, Custom Shop and the Authorization Manager.

And I would like to open Amplitube 4 (or Custom Shop) in my DAW, Im using Presonus Studio One 2 Producer. I have loaded other plugins in the past and have had no problem. I downloaded and installed the free versions of Amplitube 4, Custom Shop and they both open as Stand Alone's and work and sound great! But I want to be able to open them in the DAW but they don't. They do not show up in the list of plugins as my other guitar vst's do. Everything is Authorized and registered. Any help getting them to load and show up in my DAW will be appreciated.

Do I have to Buy the actual full program for it to show up and be recognized by my DAW?

I'm on a Macbook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010) macOS Sierra version 10.12.6
rcipriano1983

Re: Amplitube 4 (free download) Not opening in Studio One 2

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:38 pm

It might not be the same problem but if you didn't change anything in the install process, you should have access to AmpliTube 4 in your plugin list. Please note that AmpliTube 4 is an insert effect, not an instrument, plugin. This is something that trips some people up.

Also, AmpliTube 4 is 64-bit only so you'd need to be using a 64-bit DAW. That version of Studio One is quite a bit older than the current version so it might not be 64-bit.

I hope that helps.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rcipriano1983 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:54 pm

Ok Thanks for getting back to me!
So Amplitube 4 does not open inside of DAW’s?
And should I or can I update my version of Studio One 2 to 64bit? Or does that mean it’s time for a new computer? (Sad face emoji)

Thanks and Best Regards
Rich C.
Last edited by rcipriano1983 on Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rcipriano1983

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:57 pm

rcipriano1983 wrote:Ok Thanks for getting back to me!
So Amplitube 4 does not open inside of DAW’s?
And should I or can I update my version of Studio One 2 to 64bit? Or does that mean it’s time for a new computer? (Sad face emoji)

Thanks and Best Regards
Rich C.

AmpliTube works in DAWs as a plugin (VST, AU, or AAX). I'm not sure about whether that older version of Studio One is 64-bit or not, unfortunately. I'd bet there are nice upgrade options though, but I'd wait to see if that's really the issue.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rcipriano1983 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:26 pm

Ok Thanks.
But I have tried everything to get the DAW to recognize Amplitube and so far nothing.
Unless there is a link that you can send me that I can follow I don’t know what to do except maybe updating my DAW. Unless you know of any fix for this for Studio One 2 Producer.

Thanks and Best a Regards
Rich C.
rcipriano1983

Postby DarkStar » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:57 am

The Custom Shop and Authorization Manager are stand-alone programs only, not audio plug-ins. They will not appear in Studio One or in any other DAW. But, you should see AmpliTube 4 listed.

Some questions:
-- can you check that Studio One 2 Producer is supporting 64-bit plug-ins?
-- did you select to run Studio One as a 64-bit application, using the application’s Preferences menu?
-- do you have other 64-bit plug-ins that work in Studio One?
-- which formats of the AmpliTube ("AT4") plug-ins did you install?
-- what is the exact disk folder path to the AmpliTube plug-in(s)?
-- what paths to plug-ins are listed in Studio One's Preferences?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby rcipriano1983 » Tue May 05, 2020 6:38 am

Thanks for getting back to me.
issue was fixed. My version of Studio One 2 was two old, Upgraded to Studio One 4 Pro.
rcipriano1983

Postby garfy » Tue May 05, 2020 7:56 am

Thanks for getting back with the answer rcipriano.

It's unfortunate sometimes that old software has to be updated (sometimes at a cost) but that is the nature of technology I suppose.

As this thread has been resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.

• If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
• If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling