I hear the first track in the background when I record...

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

I hear the first track in the background when I record...

Postby monnomcjo » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:23 pm

Hi, i use iRig Acoustic and Amplitube Acoustic CS.
After recording the second track i hear the first track in the background.
Is there a way to fix it ?
monnomcjo

Re: I hear the first track in the background when I record..

Postby Dom!n!c » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:17 am

Hi there,
I have the exact same problem!
(AmpliTube Acoustic Free with bought Rec. Studio add-on and the iRig)

I played with the settings etc. but was not able to solve that issue...
It looks a bit like a routing problem on the first sight.
Dom!n!c

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:12 pm

Since iRig Acoustic is an analog interface that plugs into the headphone jack, you will need to make sure your other track(s) are not too loud while you are recording over them as there will be crosstalk in analog interfaces of this type. Since the signals are analog and running across the same wire while you are monitoring while recording, you need to make sure they aren't too loud (but can be higher/normal level during listening back).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Dom!n!c » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:35 pm

Thank you for your reply Peter!

So, as long as I use an interface with an earphone plug i.e. analog pathway with an interface I will run in that issue, right? That means these interfaces are rather made for amplifier simulation, jamming and preserving some ideas but not recording a decent instrument line for (semi) professional mixing.

However, if I would use e.g. the iRig HD 2 or the iRig Pro I/O, there won't be that issue due to digital signaling, right?

Thanks again!
Dom!n!c

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:44 pm

Dom!n!c wrote:Thank you for your reply Peter!

So, as long as I use an interface with an earphone plug i.e. analog pathway with an interface I will run in that issue, right? That means these interfaces are rather made for amplifier simulation, jamming and preserving some ideas but not recording a decent instrument line for (semi) professional mixing.

However, if I would use e.g. the iRig HD 2 or the iRig Pro I/O, there won't be that issue due to digital signaling, right?

Thanks again!

You are correct. Crosstalk like this (especially when you have something with quick and loud transients like a metronome/click going while recording) will be inherent to analog interfaces of this type.

And yes, the digital interfaces like iRig HD 2 or iRig Pro I/O will not have this issue.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Dom!n!c » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:19 pm

All right. Thank you!
And in case of the proposed digital interfaces (iRig HD 2 or iRig Pro I/O), can I still use the 'Amplitube Acoustic' software or is this software dedicated only to the analog input so that I would need to change that as well?

Because if not, the Recorder + Studio add-on is a bit confusing in the appearance to be able of having a tool for managing "clean" multiple track recordings. Or is there another use case I forgot about?
Dom!n!c

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories