Help sought - not the best with music tech!

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Help sought - not the best with music tech!

Postby Twmbarlwm » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:33 pm

Hi folks

I’ve been looking online for answers, but I’ve been going round in circles! I appreciate these questions may be obvious/stupid - any help would be gratefully received though.

I bought the original iRig nine/ten years ago, but gave up music soon after due to developing tinnitus.

I am back doing music now, and trying to figure out the following:

1) Can I still use the original iRig if I get a lightning port/old iPhone adapter
2) Is there an app that supports it? I know my original iRig app is no longer useable. I think GarageBand will - not sure about AmpliTube.
3) As well as connecting instruments, it seems iRig2 can be used as an interface to connect a DJ mixer to an iPhone (using the lightning adapter for earphones). I was wondering if my iRig’s “Out” socket could be used to do this.

I could look at upgrading, but I’m self-employed and won’t be working for months due to the virus situation. I would therefore prefer to get use out of my existing device.

I appreciate I’ve fired questions at the forum here - no worries if replying isn’t possible.

Thank you for reading.
Twmbarlwm

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories