Presenting AmpliTube 5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Presenting AmpliTube 5

Postby The_Rocker » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:49 am

I am totally at ease of the release date or time. --- Warning, this is a long post, lol ---
IKM is probably one of the best as far as releasing stable software. Where an initial release has bug or two, lol, I have never had to wait for an update release from IKM. Not once in almost 9 years ?
So I'm fine with a delay,,,
But this, is not a delay... it's actually on time and going to be released in the 4th Quarter. As mentioned officially. ;)

I am so excited about AT5, because I haven't really been able to use my Stomp I/O and have had it for months... I damaged my left shoulder really bad. They tell me only a shoulder replacement is possible. lol, I broke it a few times in my life and didn't even know it I guess. And I never missed a day of work with any of them. Thought it was just dislocated or something, but when the doc looked at the MRI and again new ex-rays, this doc said I've just had too many breaks heal incorrectly. He said he doesn't know how I am moving my arm, and surprised I have full range. Suggested I do not get the replacement and put it off as long as I can. 1 of the 4 muscles over the shoulder is not connected, and 2 more are torn about 2/3's, and the bones involved are just a mess.
This fall happened from me breaking my back in 2012. Lost most of my left leg nerves, even after surgery of an L4,L5,S1 360 fusion. So leg just doesn't get the signals to the muscles to do what they should.
We moved into this house 2 years ago, and the neighbors house was on fire. I didn't know we had a foot tall, 6 foot round fire pit. It was pitch black, I yelled fire and I was hoofing it with my cane, wiped out when I hit it and my left arm slid with the flat stone, so my arm was behind me, broke it and dislocated it, again. They were able to put the fire out, and hardly any damage. The neighbor guy had the fire about 5 feet from his house,,, He said he wont do that again, lol. After that, about a month ago, I was going up the stairs, my left leg did not make the step. I was able to sorta catch myself with both arms, but messed the shoulder up again.
So, 6 months of physical therapy (check out Blood flow Restriction benefits) and about 5 months of working it out, and a year later I can hold more than a pop or coffee now :D

So maybe I've just developed patients enough to not stress things that aren't worth stressing out on.

I plan on using AT5 as my arm therapy tool, lol. And I am waiting to see if the price drops after release, since I have everything that comes in Max except Satch, and Brian May(don't need or want), and the new AT5 additions. Oh and lacking the Fulltone Chorus rack unit. I'm looking at just AT5, not the SE since it doesn't have the new gear additions. Nor Max since I have all the Add-Ons available that I want. Can't ell you how many double products I have, and don't need more, lol.
OH, and the regular AT5 will have the SansAmp plugin,,,!!!

......................... It's Coming soon!!! AT5 very soon...!!!

P.S. remember... what only comes round only once a year,,,
.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`Merry Christmas !!!`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.
Last edited by The_Rocker on Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
IKM- ST2/3/4 -AT3/4/5 -TR3/4/5-MP2-(almost everything actually)
Presonus Interfaces/Studio One 5 Pro - Self built Win10 PC 10th Gen Intel i7-64GB Ram-GTX1660 6GB-Fractal Case
.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`Merry Christmas !!!`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.
The_Rocker

Postby chipss36 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:50 am

If you feel the need to criticize auto spell.
You missed the point.

But I do agree, the helix crowd is a special
Bunch...

The pickups were to get my point across.
Seems you missed that point as well.

It’s simple, I would rather wait on software that
Runs correctly, than have it now with bugs.

And have the patience to do so.

At4 is really very good...

This needed to be said after the Italian comments.
That crossed a line of human decency.
It just did..
chipss36

Postby ejsheldon » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:08 am

chipss36 wrote:If you feel the need to criticize auto spell.
You missed the point.

But I do agree, the helix crowd is a special
Bunch...

The pickups were to get my point across.
Seems you missed that point as well.

It’s simple, I would rather wait on software that
Runs correctly, than have it now with bugs.

And have the patience to do so.

At4 is really very good...

This needed to be said after the Italian comments.
That crossed a line of human decency.
It just did..

Dude, you are taking yourself WAY too seriously. Everybody got your point.
BUT...come on now, admit it, auto-spell or whatever, "patients is a vulture" is just plain hysterical!
ejsheldon

Postby Damagical » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:07 am

It was all in good fun til Self Righteous Chip showed up with his need to make personal attacks. I could write a psychology dissertation on his absence of introspection. Know thyself, Chip!
Damagical

Postby obispojoe » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:28 am

Clearly, Axl Rose was prophetic when he sang in 1988:

"Said, woman, take it slow and it'll work itself out fine
All we need is just a little patients"
obispojoe

Postby rincewind88 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:18 am

I can wait a little bit for good software. I just want it to work fine and sound as good as the previous version. Since I'm playing on Partocaster with Hot Rails pickups it's quite hard to get the sound that I like with other software and AmpliTube is the only one that sounds the way I like it.

I just wish that Custom Shop will work fine because I have a long list of items that I need to buy from it. :D
rincewind88

Postby zapata71 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:25 am

There is no problem for any delay of a few hours. But I have a more technical question. As I understand it, AT5 takes up 3GB of space. Will the download take place in one package? Or more?
zapata71

Postby spicemix » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:36 am

New custom shop 2 is up and nice lookin!

One thing I miss is the ability to sort the models by what I already own. The old 1.8 custom shop sorted ones I didn't own and could buy to the top automatically. But this one is easier to use so it's not too bad.

Not all that many new models so far. I already have nearly everything from A4. Maybe they sound better in A5, or maybe it's just the speaker sims upgraded.

Looking forward to A5 in a few hours...
spicemix

Postby markscrumpy » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:47 am

It's here!!!!!!! After pre-ordering more than 1 month ago, it's sitting pretty in my IK Product manager.

No email received yet but it's downloading as I type!!

So excited, feels like Christmas.

Enjoy!
markscrumpy

Postby spicemix » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:02 pm

Cool, I pressed "Try" in the IKPM and installed it. It says I have 9 days left and doesn't show any of my custom shop models. I thought the Amplitube 5 CS edition was a free upgrade we could use our existing models in? Is that a separate download that hasn't been released yet? Sorry if I am jumping the gun during the rollout. I would figure most are like me owning A4 but not A5 yet.
spicemix

Postby markscrumpy » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:11 pm

It's definitely a beautiful UI.
Such an improvement on the previous.
I have limited gear at the moment and can't sync my purchased gear yet until I receive the serial number which hopefully will come very soon (I bought AT5, not CE or Max)
Otherwise, like you I have 9 days to register.
Looking good so far!!
markscrumpy

Postby blazerscope » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:21 pm

Downloading now!
Last edited by blazerscope on Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blazerscope

Postby vac713 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:21 pm

Downloading now. Woo hoo
vac713

Postby spicemix » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:28 pm

One thing that stumped me for a moment is where stomps go. In A5 you just drag them into the signal path, they can go anywhere if you bought a fancy enough version of A5. Have to drop them on the right wire in the routing diagram.

It's annoying to have the modal dialogs when you trigger a fancy version feature. I think better would be we could see the mixer etc, it is just grayed out and a notice pasted over it "Pay us money and we'll let you use this bub." That works really well with all the grayed out models that tempt us. The modal dialogs punish us for exploring the interface and don't show us what we're missing. No better opportunity for a demo of the upsale feature than right there where the user wants to use it.
spicemix

Postby vac713 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:41 pm

I had every collection on AT4. Downloaded At5 but don’t have all my collections?
vac713

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling