Official AmpliTube 5 FEATURES Wishlist

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Official AmpliTube 5 FEATURES Wishlist

Postby krezie » Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:16 pm

I like Amplitube very much, but I also like to mix and match Amplitube in the signal chain with products from different vendors. Other cab simulations, fx solutions, etcetera...

It would be nice if Amplitube got an option where we can load just the amp head, without the whole (amplitube) signal chain and gear browser in a vst window, so that we could use Amplitube as a slimmed down amp only solution as well.

A bit like with the old Line 6 Pod Farm 2.5, where there are "elements" vst's next to the complete Pod Farm environment. Or another oldie; Waves GTR3, which has amp only vst's.

I know of course that with the current Amplitube version you can bypass the cab section, and thus use the vst as amp only, but the window feels cluttered and huge when one only wants to use the amp head in the vst signal chain.
krezie

Postby guitarkite » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:37 pm

For God sakes!! Put Amplitube 5 in a hardware format like EVERYONE else has done! Tonex is great, but it would be even better to have all my favorite effects and controls in one bulletproof floorpedal.
guitarkite

Postby SenecaReader2 » Sat Aug 03, 2024 5:41 pm

finally I solved the 'lacking balls' problem, it's related to how the amp sims FEEL. The tone can be totally there, but not the feel.

SO, I solved the problem with a super crazy setup:

I am running Amplitube IOS preamps through the THRU of my IRIG HD into the clean channel of my tube amp, into a Celestion flat response speaker F12-X200 miked up into a closet. The miked up sound goes into the cab sim of my Amplitube on my desktop.

Now the tube amp + x200 are NOT there to provide any tone, but the FEEL. The volume is very low with the closet closed. This setup blows my mind.

The x200 is not just any flat response speaker, it's built to feel like a standard guitar speaker.

Now I have Amplitube not only SOUNDING like a tube amp, but FEELS like one too, TOTALLY.

The only slight problem is that all this back and forth adds a tiny bit more latency. SO it would be super cool for IK to come up with a product, probably an interface that allows the user to get the Amplitube PREAMP tone only, out of the desktop via the THRU of the interface, into the tube amp+ FR FR speaker, and back into the desktop, using the cab sim, thus completing the chain.

I repeat, the tube amp and the x200 speaker are NOT there to provide ANY tone, but the FEEL. In fact, I have the x200 speaker in the closet, miked up, with NO CAB AT ALL. Because it's only the feel I want them to provide.

Crazy setup, but it works like a charm. I think IK could perhaps develop some killer new products that allows us to do all this more easily.

I tried everything imaginable in the past, including the new interfaces with the jfet preamp. They perhaps improve the feel somewhat, but by no means to the degree of the setup I use now!

Now I really have not only the tone but the FEEL of a real amp.
SenecaReader2

Postby SenecaReader2 » Sat Aug 03, 2024 5:43 pm

'more easily', i.e. with less latency
SenecaReader2

Postby BassGuy99 » Thu Aug 15, 2024 10:43 pm

We should be able to specify a custom path that Amplitube looks for IRs. The way it is now, we need to look for the IR we want and load it to the default location. This means that there is a duplicate IR being stored in that location for every IR we use in a preset. It also makes it really, really difficult to try out IRs from a large selection. We should be able to specify the top level directory for our IRs and have all sub-directories available. Most other applications can already do this. If there is already a way to do this, PLEASE let me know...
BassGuy99

Postby espen.halvorsen » Fri Sep 06, 2024 11:46 am

It needs to be able to sync BPM with an external MIDI clock. Both recieve and transmit
espen.halvorsen

Previous

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling