Official MODO Bass Wish List!

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Re: Official MODO Bass Wish List!

Postby Mrkil1o1 » Wed Sep 25, 2024 4:40 pm

In MODO Drums it would be nice, in the mixer, to have the ability to pan on both OH & Room.
Mrkil1o1

Postby DJDbeats » Wed Sep 25, 2024 6:35 pm

Mrkil1o1 wrote:In MODO Drums it would be nice, in the mixer, to have the ability to pan on both OH & Room.

for the time being, you could route out to your DAW mixer and do it that way
DJDbeats

Postby Mrkil1o1 » Wed Sep 25, 2024 10:11 pm

Sure I could, but wouldn't it be nice to have at your in the program already?
Mrkil1o1

Postby DJDbeats » Thu Sep 26, 2024 6:52 am

Mrkil1o1 wrote:Sure I could, but wouldn't it be nice to have at your in the program already?

for sure, though it's not standard to pan the OH and Room mics as they are already stereo
DJDbeats

Postby Mrkil1o1 » Thu Sep 26, 2024 4:10 pm

What if I don't want the room in full wide stereo in the mix or if I want to pan the drums to one side and have the room sound follow that pan or if I want the drums on one side and the room sound the other-I want to have lots of options open to me and if I can make that simpler by having the pan open to me in the program can you really say that's wrong or I shouldn't have that ability?
Mrkil1o1

Postby DJDbeats » Thu Sep 26, 2024 9:19 pm

Mrkil1o1 wrote:What if I don't want the room in full wide stereo in the mix or if I want to pan the drums to one side and have the room sound follow that pan or if I want the drums on one side and the room sound the other-I want to have lots of options open to me and if I can make that simpler by having the pan open to me in the program can you really say that's wrong or I shouldn't have that ability?

didn't say any of that... just saying it's not standard practice to do it that way and that's probably why it's not included (the typical idea of these types of companies is usually, "we provide the basic functionality outside of what the plugin is actually intended for, but if you want to do something advanced, route out and do it in your DAW natively", similar to how you see that using an external amp simulator like TONEX is highly recommended over using the built in amp effects in MODO Bass 2. It's just not as likely that they would provide unconventional or advanced features outside of the "intention" behind the plugin. So in this case, because the type of panning you're asking for is more unorthodox/creative, there's reason to believe it falls outside the scope of the plugin, since it probably was not meant to be a drum plugin with ultimate built in panning capabilities and such. Also, in the first place, most plugins outside of MODO DRUM will run more efficiently and will more than likely sound better too. I could only wholeheartedly recommend using external effects anyway.
In short,
1. I'm not saying you shouldn't have the ability, just stating potential reasons why it hasn't been added
2. Just wishing you good luck because they might not do it if my hypotheses are true...
DJDbeats

Previous

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS