K Product Manager download not working!

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

Re: K Product Manager download not working!

Postby john.arcand » Wed May 22, 2024 2:09 am

for me too use ik media products do i need to be online or open up the manger?
john.arcand

Postby Peter_IK » Wed May 22, 2024 3:40 pm

john.arcand wrote:for me too use ik media products do i need to be online or open up the manger?

You use IK Product Manager to register, install, and/or authorize products. You should stay logged in to IK Product Manager but it doesn't need to be open or online.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby KillDivision » Wed May 22, 2024 7:26 pm

I made a ticket, this was the response:

Please try the following steps:

If you have not already done so, try downloading your files from the User Area under My Products. Under each product tile you will see Past Releases which will included the latest versions.
Next, close the IK Product Manager, or your web browser, then try connecting your system to your router via an Ethernet cable. This will provide the best connection for any downloads.
If you are not able to try step 1, or you have already done so and issues persist. Please close all applications and restart your machine and see if this helps.
If issues persist, restart your router. For most units you can power them down for 10 - 20 seconds before powering them back up. Please note, depending on your hardware the process might change and it's best to refer to the user manual for any questions.
Close any Anti-virus, Firewall, or VPN software or check your current applications to add exemptions ensure they are not blocking the IK Product Manager or IK Multimedia Server for any reason.
If you have not done so, try utilizing a Download Manager such as DownThemAll for the FireFox web browser. This can help make sure the downloads complete for you when downloading via a web browser.

Did all this yesterday. Nothing, no download.
Today I could install Tonex SE from the Product Manager but when it was installing it came with something like is is seeking for the preset database, retry or skip installation didn´t work so i had to cancel the installation of Tonex SE. I will try again next week.
KillDivision

Postby Peter_IK » Wed May 22, 2024 8:27 pm

When the suggestions from the IK Support team do not resolve your issue, you can reply to your ticket and let them know and they will continue to assist you as well.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby semlerjc » Tue May 28, 2024 3:22 am

For mac. All I did was go into my "finder" go into your hard drive then Library/Audio and create a folder named "Amplitube".
Go back into the product manager, settings select that folder and bam worked right away for me!
semlerjc

Postby rolandk1 » Fri Jun 14, 2024 8:10 pm

FYI: Use FOLX or Free Download Manager with the direct website download.

I had to do this on ALL my computers (2 mac pros and a PC running win10)

Both speed and connections where then finally stable.
www.Rolandk.ca
Writer/Musician/Whistleblower.
Nuendo/Studio One/DP/Reaper/Reason/Ideas (Some assembly required).
rolandk1

Postby aeroferal » Tue Jul 09, 2024 11:28 am

I ran the program as Administrator as suggested above, everything works now.
aeroferal

Postby rolandk1 » Tue Jul 09, 2024 6:18 pm

aeroferal wrote:I ran the program as Administrator as suggested above, everything works now.

I tried that, but it didn't stop the low download speed or the fact that the app would simply stall and not continue until I paused and then restarted it again. I would have to sit with one download and restart it many times just to get one file.

But that was my experience. YMMV, as they say. :) That's why I used FDM. After that, there were no more problems. Not sure why. But there it is...
www.Rolandk.ca
rolandk1

Postby mikemtglo » Wed Aug 14, 2024 10:20 pm

Running as admin worked for me. Thanks
mikemtglo

Postby rob_van_dijk » Tue Aug 20, 2024 6:03 pm

Running the app in administrator mode was the golden tip. Thanks!
rob_van_dijk

Postby Trilian75 » Tue Aug 27, 2024 1:39 pm

They all install for me but not the sound content they get stuck on please wait after they are all downloaded.
Trilian75

Postby jsaxon747 » Sun Sep 01, 2024 5:54 am

kornfewshin wrote:Hello, You need to run IK product Manager in Administrator mode (right click and run as admin) I hope this helps you

That was it. Thanks very much.
jsaxon747

Postby rolandk1 » Sun Sep 01, 2024 7:51 pm

Changing to administrator mode should not increase or decrease the speed of the connection though, as far as I can tell. It should only give you more permissions.

My problem was that the connection would constantly be dropped on both Mac and PC. Only direct web-based downloads using a 3rd party download client helped me out of my bind.
www.Rolandk.ca
rolandk1

Postby halogen8 » Thu Sep 05, 2024 2:30 pm

I am having this issue as well, I have contacted IK Support and none of the suggested fixes have worked. I have a fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro and everything else I have installed on this machine has been working without issue.

1. I am not using any cloud backup services and have uninstalled OneDrive from my system.
2. I checked the folder that IK Product Manager is set to download to and the permissions for SYSTEM and all users of the machine are set to have full permissions to read, write, etc.
3. I created a new folder on the root of my C: drive, named it 'IK Temp', set the download to this folder, closed and restarted IK Prod Manager and tried again. Again, the app will show 'install starting, please wait...' and then go to a (not responding) state and the download never happens.

I've also tried uninstalling and re-installing IK Product Manager but this didn't work either, neither did setting the downloads to an new folder on my D: drive.

I was able to install IK Product Manager on another Windows 10 machine and was successful at downloading and installing apps on that machine so I am at a loss of why this is happening on this machine.
halogen8

Postby ollybadger » Thu Sep 05, 2024 3:15 pm

Same issue here.

Contacted support 3 weeks ago, nothing they have suggested works and my ticket keeps getting forgotten about until I email again.

Downloads just freeze after a few minutes
ollybadger

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions