iRig Pro DUO clipping

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iRig Pro DUO clipping

Postby jimmydormire » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:30 am

I can only barely crack the gain on and it seems to clip especially with an electric guitar straight in. I hate to have to keep turning the pickups down to at least half way to get a clean recording signal. By turning pickups down you lose tonality... Usually use a PRS guitar but even a Telecaster will clip the DUO.... Overall it's a tone suppressor to have such a wee bit of signal hitting the pre and coming out of pre...
jimmydormire

Re: iRig Pro DUO clipping

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:08 pm

That's not the expected behavior, it should work very well for guitar input of all types. Please open a ticket with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-sup ... -hardware/ and they will troubleshoot with you and assist you directly to resolve your issue.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby efflux » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:48 pm

This is similar to mine. Gain has to be turned full down on any guitar or line level. A straight guitar will clip for sure even when the gain is fully turned down. So will a normal level line input. A guitar with high output pickups has to be dramatically turned down to stop clipping.
efflux

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:23 pm

efflux wrote:This is similar to mine. Gain has to be turned full down on any guitar or line level. A straight guitar will clip for sure even when the gain is fully turned down. So will a normal level line input. A guitar with high output pickups has to be dramatically turned down to stop clipping.

That doesn't sound like normal/expected behavior. I would suggest also opening a ticket at the link in my previous post if you have not done so already.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby WS1703620 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:21 am

Did you get it sorted? Mine does the same thing. Clipping even when the gain is all the way down. :(
WS1703620

Postby sleepydeedj1 » Fri Oct 25, 2024 2:53 pm

Why is this still an issue years later? I purchase two Irig Pro Duo in separate occasions and both are clipping. I am using an android cell to stream and cannot do so because both units are defective. I've already submitted two separe inquiries in the support area and I'm yet to get help! :oops:
sleepydeedj1

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories