Official T-RackS Wish List!

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Re: Official T-RackS Wish List!

Postby SalvoM » Sun Sep 08, 2024 7:58 am

Considering that T-Racks 6 seems to have fulfilled the sidechain request and more, there's one improvement I would have expected IK to make automatically in 2024.

Improve your audio quality—let's get deep into it.

In a treated room with a good monitoring system and/or high-quality headphones like the Sennheiser HD650 and above, I can hear that EQual, Stealth Limiter, and One, (but literally all the plugins are based on the same tech) add a kind of white noise that degrades the overall "mixdown" quality. Of course, with cheaper equipment, it's not audible, but for me, it is, and this alone forces me to switch to your competitors' products.

Analyzing these plugins in PluginDoctor, I clearly see what's happening: EQual has a -150 dB noise floor, Stealth Limiter has too many harmonics and a noise floor at -150 dB, and One is a mess up to -75 dB, which is well within the audible range. The 432 EQ is no different.

While I understand this behaviour from Stealth and any other compressor (though a nice transparent option is needed), I don't understand it from the EQs. Could you please look into whether antialiasing or similar technologies could help clean them down to -200 dB, where not even dogs can hear it?

This feature alone will bring T-Racks as the King of all.(And still, I’m waiting for EQual to become a dynamic EQ, ideally with EQ curves in the style of Kirchhoff. It would be a great addition to that EQ, but the most important thing is its transparency.)
SalvoM

Previous

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox