Can't get Modo Drum 1.5 to authorize the new kits

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Re: Can't get Modo Drum 1.5 to authorize the new kits

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:40 pm

Taxes are charged by law, we cannot avoid that. This is a free update but there are also three new kits available for less than others charge for a single kit. FAR less in some cases.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby manfex » Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:24 pm

You have total control over your own pricing, the price to the customer should be the one that matters, not how much some governments tax it
manfex

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:55 pm

manfex wrote:You have total control over your own pricing, the price to the customer should be the one that matters, not how much some governments tax it

And you can get three kits for less than others charge for one... We had control and the decision was made to charge a more than fair price for three kits.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby arqdelfino » Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:26 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
manfex wrote:You have total control over your own pricing, the price to the customer should be the one that matters, not how much some governments tax it

And you can get three kits for less than others charge for one... We had control and the decision was made to charge a more than fair price for three kits.

where is that option of three kits for less than one?, I don't see it anywhere!
arqdelfino

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:29 pm

arqdelfino wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:

where is that option of three kits for less than one?, I don't see it anywhere!

If you have MODO DRUM 1.0, you will see the upgrade pricing of 79.99. That's less than what others charge for a SINGLE kit.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby acdc2000 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:43 pm

I read here that need update and i notice i can not test the new kits. I have now modo drum 1.5 SE with the 2 kits . I wish test the new kits sound. how is that possible ?. also the older kits i have not in the SE version i can not test anymore.
acdc2000

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:50 pm

acdc2000 wrote:I read here that need update and i notice i can not test the new kits. I have now modo drum 1.5 SE with the 2 kits . I wish test the new kits sound. how is that possible ?. also the older kits i have not in the SE version i can not test anymore.

For completely new users MODO DRUM 1.5 CS has the Studio kit free to use, unlimited and does not expire plus you have access to all features and functionality of MODO DRUM 1.5.

For those with SE or full MODO DRUM 1.5 you would need to upgrade to use the new kits. You can continue to test and use the functionality and features with the kits you have. You can find more information including audio/video for each of the new kits via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/mododrum
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby boogerfingerz » Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:52 pm

Peter_IK wrote:

Not really! If I buy MODO DRUM today I get all of the kits included. But if I bought MODO DRUM a couple of days ago (before the update), now I have to pay extra to get all the new kits. I'd say that's not fair at all. These kits should be included free in the update for existing users. Your punishing people who are good customers and bought early!
boogerfingerz

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:28 pm

boogerfingerz wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:

Not really! If I buy MODO DRUM today I get all of the kits included. But if I bought MODO DRUM a couple of days ago (before the update), now I have to pay extra to get all the new kits. I'd say that's not fair at all. These kits should be included free in the update for existing users. Your punishing people who are good customers and bought early!

If you bought MODO DRUM a few days ago you got it for a deep discount as it was on sale at IK and all dealers for 99.99. So your total price with the 79.99 upgrade would be WAY lower than a new customer.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby manfex » Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:30 pm

wasn't the modo bass update that added new bass models free when it came out?
manfex

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:33 pm

manfex wrote:wasn't the modo bass update that added new bass models free when it came out?

There weren't many added and this is not MODO BASS.

The new kits are not free. Let's get this back on track. OP's question/issue has been resolved and again, the new kits are not and will not be free.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:51 pm

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Previous

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS