Can't get Amplitube 5 to install [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Can't get Amplitube 5 to install [Resolved]

Postby rdcmusic » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:50 am

I currently use T-Rax and it works great. Thought I'd try amplitube ... I just purchased it and i'm having trouble getting it to install on my Mac computer.
I am using an older mac tower.. It still works great. I was on Mac 10.9.5, but researched that it required min of 10.10.. so I upgraded to 10.0 using Yosemite. And after that the IK product manager downloaded fine.
I downloaded the AmpliTube 5 SE (Download Only) and when I tried to access and open it from the IK product manager I got this message generated from my computer:

"The installation failed. The installer can't locate the data it needs to install the software. Check your install media or Internet connection and try again, or contact the software manufacturer for assistance"

The internet connection is fine, so I know it's not that. For some reason the downloaded files won't work.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
thanks
R
rdcmusic

Re: Can't get Amplitube 5 to install

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:52 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chip in. But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

-----------------------
Meanwhile, the best thing to do is contact Support, via here. There is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Taciturn » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:04 pm

I had this same problem on my older Mac stuck on El Capitan. I got this to work by going into my Documents/IK Multimedia/IK Product Manager/Amplitube 5 folder and running the installer directly from there myself. For some reason I have trouble getting the IK Product Manager to install versions of Amplitube 4 & 5 that were updated for Catalina & Big Sur. You might also have to use the older Authorization Manager to get it working.
Last edited by Taciturn on Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taciturn

Postby rdcmusic » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:08 pm

Yes, I was going to ask the tech support team if there was an older version of the installer I could download.
Is there a place I can get the older installer?
R
rdcmusic

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:20 pm

Look in your User Area / My Products / AmpliTube 5 and click [Past Releases]. I can see v5.0.1 and v5.0.0 in mine.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby rdcmusic » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:43 pm

That absolutely worked... I went to the folder and downloaded it from there. It wouldn't download from my application thumbnail.. but it downloaded fine from the folder.

Thanks for the suggestion.

R
rdcmusic

Postby rbstudios » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:51 pm

Taciturn wrote:I had this same problem on my older Mac stuck on El Capitan. I got this to work by going into my Documents/IK Multimedia/IK Product Manager/Amplitube 5 folder and running the installer directly from there myself. For some reason I have trouble getting the IK Product Manager to install versions of Amplitube 4 & 5 that were updated for Catalina & Big Sur. You might also have to use the older Authorization Manager to get it working.

thanks a lot! THIS WORKED FOR ME!
rbstudios

Re: Can't get Amplitube 5 to install [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:21 pm

IK Product Manager System Requirements
Mac® (64-bits)

Minimal: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo, 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), macOS 10.10 or later.

Windows® (64-bits)
Minimal: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2, 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), Windows® 7 or later.

Internet connection is required as all of the operations are web based.

If your system complies with these specs and you have problems, please let Technical Support know. If your system does not comply, please ask Technical Support for an alternative installation method (this may well be by downloading from "Past Releases" in your User Area / My Products and running the installer (and Authorization Manager) yourself).

----------------------
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling