Computer advice for a music recording beginner

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Computer advice for a music recording beginner

Postby Henryjames65 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:23 am

harrycallum wrote:I haven't owned a desktop computer in nearly 10 years, and haven't had a laptop for about 5. I've been demoing things with my iPhone for years now but I feel like I'm finally ready to begin learning to record myself. I'm behind on the technology and am not sure of some things... Like if I will need an ssd or quad core processors and things like that. I want to buy a desktop on Black Friday and have done a bunch of research, but I still don't know if I should go mac or pc (money is an issue as I have to buy the software and hardware involved with recording still). My main question is, is there a pc desktop that is better for music production than the iMac all in ones?

options. The choice between the two often comes down to personal preference and budget.

If you are looking for a PC alternative to the iMac, there are many options available. Some popular choices for music production include the Dell XPS or Alienware Aurora R11. These computers offer powerful processors and plenty of storage space for large audio files. Additionally, both of these models offer options for solid-state drives (SSDs), which can improve the performance of your computer.
Henryjames65

Re: Computer advice for a music recording beginner

Postby firehurtnova » Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:28 am

I think you should get a Mac. It will be the best choice overall.
firehurtnova

Previous

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling