Stealth pedal doesn't work as midi

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Re: Stealth pedal doesn't work as midi

Postby seafoam_green » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:40 am

jpostaer wrote:anyone have the no-midi-signal-from-SP on a macbook pro running Sierra and AT$?? I just bought a used SP and IK sent me the Midi Software which installed fine and the pedal works as an interface perfectly fine but i cannot get a midi signal...

The Stealth Pedal does not work on El-capitan and Sierra

I am very disheartened ..., that IKM have still not even managed to provide an update for 'El Capitan' which came out AGES AGO :o , let alone providing an update for Sierra :(

This has me honestly thinking IKM mustn't give a dang about this item or its customers who shelled out $$$ to buy it :shock: .., that shows a poor display of after sales support !
seafoam_green

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:14 am

Please report these issue to IK Support and they will assist you and provide deeper technical information as necessary: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby davejl4@yahoo.com » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:44 am

Peter_IK

A whole lot of us have repeatedly reported these issues with Stealth Pedal to IK support and we are always told the same thing. They are aware of the issue and we need to wait.

But months and now YEARS have passed and we keep getting the same response. We all paid a nice chunk of change for this device and IK has to this point completely failed at holding up there end to deliver a product that functions in the manner in which they were advertised to.

THIS NEEDS TO BE RESOLVED or Ik needs to refund us our purchase amount or make it right in some other fashion. Enough is enough.
davejl4@yahoo.com

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:30 am

StealthPedal should work as an interface and as a MIDI controller. The forum mods and admins cannot handle your technical issue nor your request for enumeration. That is the reason I have referred you to support. Please work with them or continue to do so.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby robinkanagasabay » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:55 pm

I am having this problem as well.

To be honest I can't remember when I last had the Stealth pedal working on my Mac, it's been some time, but I am getting back into guitar and would like to get it going now!

The audio works fine, just the Midi control does not.

I understand that El Cap is not supported. so I created a Yosemite Partition, ran the terminal command "CSRUTIL enable --without KEXT" but no joy!

The Stealth pedal appears as a device in audio midi setup but does not send signals to the Mac. I've tried the Stealth Pedal Control app and X-Gear 1.5.1

Does anyone know the last supported version of Mac OS that will work? I'm inclined to try Mavericks but would be very grateful if anyone knows the answer to this!

Really irritating having paid a chunk of money for this device, and especially as there is nothing like it available now!

Many thanks
robinkanagasabay

Postby nigel.southward » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:57 pm

In response to robinkanagasabay comments, I have the same issue, IK support stated that the any Mac version at 10.11 or above will not work with the stealth pedal.

If technical support actually read my ticket number they would see my Mac OS is 10.10.5, so by definition it should still work.

I'm going to look at my System Integrity Protection (SIP) on my Mac, if its enabled I might disable it and see what happens. (allows third party plugins).

Has anybody got any further updates on this subject?
nigel.southward

Postby beskow » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:19 pm

I have the stealth pedal working on my older, Yosemite-based (OSX 10.10.5) system. When I upgraded to Yosemite, the StealhPedal MidiControl stopped working. After lots of googling, I finally found out that there had been an update to the MidiControl app which was not available to me in the download section. Only after several mails to support, I managed to get support to send me a link to the updated version.

Hence make sure you run version 1.1.1 of StealthPedal_MIDI_Control.

/Björn
beskow

Postby nigel.southward » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:43 am

Hi Bjorn,

Just wanted to say thank-you for taking the time to respond to me in this forum. I requested the 1.1.1 StealthPedal_Midi_Control from IK, they sent me the file. I ran it and configured the Midi channel, now it works! - I have real-time expression and Wah control. This midi controller version is compatible with the latest Amplitube 4 S/W.

The next step is to use the stealth pedal in my DAW, I have Logic Pro X (10.2). I think all I have to do is assign an external midi controller within Logic, then I'm ready to go. I will try this in the next few days

Bjorn, a quick question, are you using a DAW for recording or are you just using Amplitube? If you are using a DAW, I would be interested to know how you have set the stealth pedal up?

On a different note, it's taking me nearly 3 months to get to this stage. (it was a Christmas present), I've been lucky, I couldn't justify paying full price for a new iMac complete wit the latest OS. I bought a reconditioned 2011 unit, with the 10.10.5 OS X (Yosimite), if I had a bought new there is no way the pedal would of worked.

There are clear compatibility issues with Mac OS versions and the Stealth Midi Controller IK provide with this product.

I'm disappointed with IK. As previously explained from many un happy customers (on this forum)who bought this product on the understanding it was compatible with everything, its not - > this should be stated on the box or pull the product from the IK product line. Furthermore, they don't update their related download section (in My Products). Version 1.1.1 is NOT there. I had to request it.

I'm hoping this conversation thread will help, for musicians wanting this capability. When it works it is a really good product, however I think new customers need to do their homework. IK's slogan of putting "musicians first" is not exactly accurate, especially with this product.

IK, you need to do better.

Nigel
nigel.southward

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:29 pm

Unfortunately Stealth Pedal is a discontinued product for a while now, so that would be the reason it is not 100% compatible with the newest software releases and why you may need some support assistance getting it working in certain scenarios.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby beskow » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:27 am

The 1.1.1 release of StealthPedal_MIDI_Control was for OSX 10.10 (Yosemite), an OSX operating system still supported for the StealthPedal. I still can't see this 1.1.1 version in my user area.

IMHO, it really doesn't make sense to hide a software driver for a hardware product behind a user 's area to begin with. The driver is useless if you don't have the hardware, hence it should be available from the toplevel download area.

Just my 5 cents.

/Björn
beskow

Postby nigel.southward » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:57 am

I have managed to connect logic Pro X (10.2) to the Stealth pedal. I've you want to record in logic you will need to open an audio channel and have the midi controller S/W at the front.

There is more to it, (assigning a midi channel), however if you want to know how I did it just respond to this thread

Nigel
nigel.southward

Postby marcaz » Wed May 09, 2018 2:19 pm

Add another to the ranks of disgruntled/cranky/sad/frustrated SP owners.

Over the past few weeks, I have tried so many things; various OS versions, AT versions, my DAW(s) and, of course, the SP MIDI Control software.

I am using an early 2009 iMac in my little studio. This is the machine I purchased new around the same time I purchased my Stealth Pedal. It all worked perfectly at the time and for quite a few years after. I started with MacOS 10.5 and stopped updating at 10.6.8 for fear of issues arising and, well, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Due to various personal reasons, I had a break from music making and have only in the last few months started back at it. Of course, after a couple of years sitting dormant, the hard disk in the iMac had become unreliable, applications beach-balling for no reason. I decided to replace the hard disk and re-install all my software. This went smoothly (even the tear-down to replace the drive was dead easy) and I was up and running again in a couple of hours.

BUT...

The damned Stealth Pedal wouldn't work. I had installed MacOS 10.8.5, SP MIDI Control 1.1, AT3 and other bits and bobs. The problems were just as described time and time again in this thread. I raised a ticket with IK support and my experience was virtually the same as I have read here.

I DO NOT expect miracles and, having worked in IT most of the past thirty years, I appreciate that support for a specific product can't go on forever. Nonetheless, this is pretty rudimentary stuff and from what I can tell, IK are just no longer a licensed Apple developer. Fair enough, I guess.

But here I am, having tried OS versions from 10.10.5, 10.9.4, 10.8.5, 10.7.5 (I no longer have a 10.6.8 installer) and now back with 10.10.5, AT 2.0, 3.1 and 4.5, SP MIDI Control 1.1 and now 1.1.1 (yes, only after asking IK support for it) and Logic 9.1.2 as well as Garageband 6.0.5 and, frankly, I have lost track of what has worked and what hasn't. One thing is true, not all things worked at the same time! I have, all along, followed the advice of IK support, to no avail. I find myself repeating answers (I sometimes think the support person doesn't even read my messages before responding) and not getting any closer to a solution. At this point in time, I have a functioning AT4.5, I am installing Garageband 10.1 and wondering if I should purchase Logic Pro 10.4 but SP MIDI control is doing the 'CONTROL light on for one second and then off' thing.

Nigel, I would LOVE to hear more from you and how you solved your problems.
marcaz

Postby nigel.southward » Sat May 12, 2018 8:49 pm

Hi Marcaz,

Sorry to hear about your SP issues, I’ve read ur post. Due to Ik and apple not been able to agree on licenses etc...my setup is now frozen, I will never be able to use my stealth pedal with the latest apple OS and Logic Pro X

I’m no IT expert, however I am an engineer. Your symptoms sound like ur midi controller S/W isn’t compatible ur apple OS / AmpliTube version ur running. I take it you have checked out all the different versions/ combinations of AmpliTube and midi controllers on your ik account user area?

My setup is as follows:

Apple OS 10.10.5
Logic Pro X 10.2
AmpliTube 4.3
Stealth midi controller 1.1.1

If u had it working before then there’s no reason it shouldn’t work again? Don’t give up ...would u consider wiping ur machine clean and re installing ur s/w?
Is there any unwanted Files (apple or otherwise) on ur hard drive from ur rebuilds?

I haven’t been on this site for a while due to my frustration with I k and not been able to use what is a very good product when it works, other people have tried disabling system integration protection (SIP) on their Mac, that sometimes works, u can find a procedure on the web.

If it wasn’t for this forum I would never of known about other versions of midi controller s/w not in my user area, I hope u get it fixed

Nigel
nigel.southward

Stealth pedal doesn't work as midi

Postby nigel.southward » Mon May 14, 2018 12:22 pm

Hi Marcaz,

To answer your question properly, I didn't have to do much in order to fix my issues, it took me 3 months to find the correct midi controller S/W (1.1.1), as you described I messed around with different combinations of Amplitube & midi controller S/W, as already mentioned, if you don't get the red light (Midi on) in the top right hand corner of the midi controller S/W then there isn't much point in trying to integrate that version. It was this forum that informed me that there where newer versions compatible with Apple OS 10.10.5 , i requested the file, IK sent it to me, I got it working almost immediately.

As already mentioned, the stealth pedal won't work for Mac users with Apple OS 10.11 or above.

I won't upgrade to logic 10.4, 10.4 is not compatible with El Capitan which works with the SP. You need the Sierra version minimum to run 10.4, so if you do decide to do this then your SP will definitely not work.

Regards, Nigel
nigel.southward

Postby marcaz » Tue May 15, 2018 12:21 am

Hi Nigel

Thanks for the reply and advice. Yes, I have tried a lot of combinations, including different versions of AT4. IK Support told me to try 4.0.2 with my current configuration which is OS 10.10.5 and SP MIDI Control 1.1.1 but still no joy. The bottom line is the indicator on the SP MIDI Control app still does the same thing - it lights momentarily and then extinguishes. So long as it does that, I can't see how this will ever work.

OK, so my final attempt (before I start looking for other, non-IK software that will work) will be to start from absolute scratch. I will blow the iMac drive away and do a fresh install of 10.10.5 then install SP MIDI Control and AT 4.0.2 and nothing else. If that works, I'll start loading my software again, one at a time and test at each point.

I run Logic Pro and sometimes Garageband as well as Superior Drummer and BFD and I use an M-Audio iControl (physical control interface for GB and Logic) and my audio interface is an M-Audio Firewire 410 (as well as a Fast Track Pro USB). It has occurred to me that maybe, just maybe one of these might be causing some grief as they are all MIDI interfaces as well. I will also try with those all unplugged. I do need one MIDI interface though as I control BFD via MIDI with an electronic kit... but for the sake of testing, I will try this.

Yes, I could solve all of these problems (maybe?) by upgrading to a brand new Stomp IO but I'm afraid I don't have 300 euro to gamble right now.

Stay tuned... much hand-wringing to come :/
marcaz

PreviousNext

Return to Interfaces & Controllers