Is my Stomp I/O dying?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Is my Stomp I/O dying?

Postby 0dysseusRex » Tue Aug 27, 2024 4:12 am

A couple of months ago, after years of perfect use, my Amplitube started giving me some audio glitches that have worsened. It started as audio cutting out intermittently and now is just really bad. You can listen to a sample here.

After a while of trying to diagnose the issue both in software and hardware, I think I have narrowed it down to my Stomp I/O. Every cable works fine, and my other I/O hardware (iRig HD 2, Rocksmith Cable, Behringer I/O) works fine with Amplitube.

I opened my Stomp I/O and went over it with a magnifier. Not a single trace or component looks burnt. The guitar input jack looks fine and solid, and every output jack gives me the same sound. The issue persists through a firmware update, and the PC I have it connected to never connects to the internet and therefore hasn't updated in years.

At this point, I'm sure I'm gonna have to sell it for parts, but I just wanted to ask around as a hail-mary to see if anyone has experienced the same issue. Or can anyone recommend a third party replacement? Something on the cheaper side maybe?
0dysseusRex

Return to Interfaces & Controllers