[RESOLVED] Audio interface configuration on Windows 11

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

[RESOLVED] Audio interface configuration on Windows 11

Postby mbarsott » Tue May 28, 2024 6:39 pm

I am coming back to Amplitube and IK Multimedia after a long hiatus. I moved away to other brands, but there is so much fuzz about the Tonex pedal that I am considering to buy one. So I went ahead and purchased the Studio Max thing to give it another try. If it is good, I may invest on the Tonex pedal and maybe even use Amplitube in the studio and live sessions.
I have a Stealthpedal that I am using as audio interface. It works very well on a new Mac desktop, but on my PCs it does not. On one of them I was able to see it as an I/O option under Amplitube configurations, but the sound is all crackled, no matter the size of the buffer I configure on ASIO. On the other PC it doesn't even show up as an I/O option. I also have an iRig HD (as I said, it has been a long hiatus) that I may try to use as an input audio interface.
Do these things still work with Amplitube or do I need a new audio interface. And even if I get one, will it work on PC? I don't see why the Stealhpedal wouldn't work on PC, as it used to work fine on Amplitube 3 and it does work fine on my Mac Desktop.
mbarsott

Re: Audio interface configuration on Windows 11

Postby mbarsott » Wed May 29, 2024 3:10 am

A quick update, I got it working fine on one of the PCs, tomorrow I will try the other one.
The steps I followed: I uninstalled the Stealthpedal driver, rebooted, uninstalled the ASIO driver, rebooted, installed the Stealthpedal driver, rebooted, installed the ASIO driver, rebooted, started Amplitube, and only then, I plugged the Stealthpedal on the USB port. I probably rebooted too many times, but in the end it worked.
mbarsott

Postby mbarsott » Thu May 30, 2024 4:33 pm

"Fixed" the other PC by reinstalling the drivers... restarted fewer times, but I had to redo de same procedure a few times to get it working, no idea why.

ASIO4ALL looks very lame and unprofessional, I don't know why IK Multimedia went with it. The website is a network of ad traps with the Internet looks of the 90's, I am afraid of getting a computer virus just by thinking about it.

Anyway, sound breakage went away but some presets definitely sound like sound is clipping, even though there is no sign of clipping anywhere in the chain.

The Mac works way better, probably because it does not use ASIO4ALL
mbarsott

Postby Peter_IK » Thu May 30, 2024 4:40 pm

mbarsott wrote:"Fixed" the other PC by reinstalling the drivers... restarted fewer times, but I had to redo de same procedure a few times to get it working, no idea why.

ASIO4ALL looks very lame and unprofessional, I don't know why IK Multimedia went with it. The website is a network of ad traps with the Internet looks of the 90's, I am afraid of getting a computer virus just by thinking about it.

Anyway, sound breakage went away but some presets definitely sound like sound is clipping, even though there is no sign of clipping anywhere in the chain.

The Mac works way better, probably because it does not use ASIO4ALL

We don't use ASIO4ALL, we have proper ASIO drivers for our interfaces (including the interface you are using that was discontinued many years ago, it had drivers compatible with systems at the time which was 15 year ago).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers