Stomp I/O USB not working?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Stomp I/O USB not working?

Postby xargxarg » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:13 pm

Hi, I just got a new Stomp I/O and it won't apparently talk with my PC or iPad.

PC: using the supplied cable, or others, plugging into USB-B and the USB-A on the PC, as shown in the manual, does not cause anything to happen on the PC. No 'new USB device detected' and AmpliTube does not see it in the iRig ASIO selection. The lights light on the Stomp, and my iRig HD2 device works fine on that PC.

iPad Pro 12.90" 4th gen, which has the single solitary USB-C: my iRig HD2 works fine, but the Stomp I/O does not show up; Amplitube keeps using the mic, Stomp lights light, but no guitar signal on the meter. Tried the USB-B to USB-A to adapter to USB-C.

Is there a factory reset or something that can be tried to get it running perhaps?

Happy New Year!
xargxarg

Re: Stomp I/O USB not working?

Postby scatcher » Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:07 pm

I was searching for the same information. It seems that for whatever reason, IKM has opted not to make a driver, instead referring to Asioforall.

I was calling my iRig Stomp I/O off the bench until I found this out. Now it's once again holding down miscellaneous papers...
scatcher

Postby xargxarg » Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:40 pm

Hi Scatcher, thanks for your reply. My iRig doesn't even communicate enough to use any ASIO. I tried their firmware updator, at: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/firmware/ but it could not find the device. The IK HD2 came with a link to their iRig Device ASIO, so maybe that will help you, it is in the file IKMultimedia_iRig_UsbAudio_v5.22.0_2021-09-23_setup.zip linked from the My Products page, so maybe if you search for that you can find it.
xargxarg

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:11 pm

scatcher wrote:I was searching for the same information. It seems that for whatever reason, IKM has opted not to make a driver, instead referring to Asioforall.

I was calling my iRig Stomp I/O off the bench until I found this out. Now it's once again holding down miscellaneous papers...

We do not recommend ASIO4ALL and we have provided a driver. There is an iRig ASIO driver that has been available for a while. You should see it in your IK User Area. There is also a FAQ covering this: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1340

Thank you
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby xargxarg » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:16 pm

Hi Peter_IK, the issue I'm facing is that the new Stomp I/O will not communicate to the PC or iPad. The firmware updater does not even see it. What do you think?
xargxarg

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:19 pm

xargxarg wrote:Hi Peter_IK, the issue I'm facing is that the new Stomp I/O will not communicate to the PC or iPad. The firmware updater does not even see it. What do you think?

For that I do not know. That is something that should be reported to IK Support directly for their assistance. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby scatcher » Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:24 pm

Thank you, Peter! I look forward to trying it out. However, the iRig drivers are not listed on that page. I assume because it's apparently not registered?

The serial number isn't in the format needed for the registration tool, and if it was in the box it's long gone (purchased in 2018).

Suggestions?
scatcher

Postby scatcher » Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:56 pm

Never mind Peter - against all odds, I found the registration card.

Thanks for the reply. It's now present in ASIO as iRig Device.
scatcher

Return to Interfaces & Controllers