iRig HD2 basic question about audio routing

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig HD2 basic question about audio routing

Postby Kinketsu » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:43 pm

I have iRig HD2 and AmpliTube 5 CS (+ AmpliTube 4 effects) on Windows 10 PC.

The configuration I'm seeking is to be able to play my guitar through the iRig HD2, into the effects in AmpliTube, and have the resulting audio come out my PC's speakers.

This seems like it would be a useful configuration but whenever I select iRig HD2 as input in AmpliTube, it forces the output to go via the iRig HD2. So then if I want audio coming out of the computer speakers I have to route it back to them with a physical cable.

That seems unnecessarily roundabout. Am I missing some option that would let me hear the AmpliTube output from my PC speakers rather than routing back out via the iRig HD2?

Thanks,
K
Kinketsu

Re: iRig HD2 basic question about audio routing

Postby Kinketsu » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:15 am

Exploring other posts with similar but slightly different questions, I found the answer to my question ... this can be done easily with ASIO4ALL. This allows a low-latency software routing from iRig HD 2 input, through AmpliTube, to output from my computer speakers.

Also this works to redirect DAW output, too, e.g. AmpliTube VST hosted in Reaper.
Kinketsu

Return to Interfaces & Controllers