Z-Tone Makes Guitar Tone Control Behave Differently?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Z-Tone Makes Guitar Tone Control Behave Differently?

Postby jonny_franc » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:29 am

Ordered the pedal a couple days on sale before found out about bundle as these things always happen of course.

Anyways, the pedal..... I've only been messing so far with a Strat and noticed something peculiar. Instead of the usual linear type fashion in bleeding off the treble as you turn the tone pot down, being connected to the pedal, turning it down actually made the guitar tone somewhat brighter.

For example, with tone all the way up guitar appears to sound normal, but going down the sound gets a bit brighter and perhaps a bit thinner as well. There seems to be a new variety of tone shaping playing with the tone control and also possibly in concert with volume pot levels..... in an interactive way. Not in any bad way either....just different

I'm wondering if depending where the Z tone control is set, as being offset from the guitars actual impedance, that this is whats affecting the guitars tone pot behavior in some way?
jonny_franc

Return to Interfaces & Controllers