AXE I/O line inputs

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

AXE I/O line inputs

Postby ADHDguitarist » Tue May 05, 2020 11:41 pm

First things first I freaking love this interface! It sounds SOOOO much better than my old interface, love the Z-Tone, the FET switch and the built in reamp out.

My question is when it come to routing rack gear out and in to the back do you need to use balanced cables? or will regular guitar cables work? A friend of mine has some older rack reverbs and we are going to try and make some IR's out of the settings.

Also could I do this with a reverb pedal? That just crossed my mind.
ADHDguitarist

Re: AXE I/O line inputs

Postby dlgebert » Wed May 06, 2020 4:34 pm

ADHDguitarist wrote:do you need to use balanced cables? or will regular guitar cables work?

I've crossed this bridge myself when I first got my AXE I/O last year. It requires balanced cables (TRS) for input into the AXE I/O.

Another thing to keep in mind is the mic XLR and guitar instrument inputs are disabled on a hardware level while cables are connected to the balanced line inputs.

Here is from the AXE I/O User Manual:

Code: Select all
INST, LINE, MIC LEDs - active input indication with auto select. If no connection is made, or if an XLR is connected to the back Combo input, the MIC input will be activated, and the corresponding LED will light up; if an 1/4” jack (line level) is connected at the back Combo input, the LINE input will be selected and the corresponding LED will light up; if an instrument is connected to the front input, the INSTRUMENT input will be selected and the corresponding LED will light up. The front Instrument input has always priority over back connected XLR or 1/4” jacks.

Line Inputs 1-2

Configuration: Class-A discrete differential line receiver, tip hot
Input impedance: 20 kOhms differential
Input level, min gain: 0 dBFS is obtained with a +26 dBu signal at the TRS input
Input level, max gain: 0 dBFS is obtained with a -24 dBu signal at the TRS input
Frequency response: From 5 Hz to 32 kHz within 0.5 dB (96 kHz sample rate)
Dynamic Range: 116 dB(A)
THD+N: -106 dB(A) at -10 dBFS

Dave
dlgebert

Re: AXE I/O line inputs

Postby ADHDguitarist » Wed May 06, 2020 5:16 pm

Thank you Dave!

I knew that it would disable the mic and guitar inputs but I wanted to double check on the balanced cables. I'll need to pickup a couple more but this is going to be a fun project.
ADHDguitarist

Return to Interfaces & Controllers