Can I Plug A Mic Into iRig Keys IO 25 And Stream Live To IG?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Can I Plug A Mic Into iRig Keys IO 25 And Stream Live To IG?

Postby dafingaz » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:17 am

Hello IK friends,

I am interested in streaming to Instagram Live by plugging a microphone into the iRig Keys IO 25 keyboard and connecting the keyboard to my phone.

Is this possible? Will the mic signal send through the keyboard, into the phone, and to Instagram Live?

Let me know if anyone has tried this and if it works.

Thanks!
dafingaz

Re: Can I Plug A Mic Into iRig Keys IO 25 And Stream Live To

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:49 am

Yes, this will work great. See our FAQ on streaming here and some extra info below.

Note* While the steps below should not be required, we've these steps help prevent users from running into any snags with live streaming based apps on iOS.

These steps will help with your Instagram Live, FaceBook Live, YouTube Live, or Live Streaming app (with digital audio support). If your app does not support digital audio input, these steps may not work. If iRig Recorder 3 LE works, and your app still does not accept audio, check with the app's support team to make sure they allow this kind of input.

Please try these steps below:
1)Download and launch iRig Recorder 3 LE (Free app)
2)Go to the Menu -> Settings and enable Background Audio
3)Once enabled and audio plays back, open Instagram and you can go live with your digital audio
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Re: Can I Plug A Mic Into iRig Keys IO 25 And Stream Live To

Postby dafingaz » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:46 am

I’ll give that a try. Thank you!!!
dafingaz

Return to Interfaces & Controllers