Irig Pro Duo as standalone 2ch pre?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Irig Pro Duo as standalone 2ch pre?

Postby priee480 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:31 pm

Hi all,

I'm looking for a small, portable 2ch preamp capable of taking mic, line, and instrument signal. This will be to connect to a multi-tracking mixer that has a good bunch of pres and extra two line in only inputs. I have ran out of pres in a couple of large ensemble sessions, and I've had to bring my Grace pres or ac powered DI's to do the job. Those instances have been quite an overkill, so I'm thinking of getting something decent, small that gets the job done. I was wondering if the Irig Pro Duo could be that.
So, the question would be, can this pass signal if there was no phone or computer connected to it, simply plugged in for power? Of course, ideally it would send one pre to output left and the other to right. Alternately I could also use an old phone as a dummy just for it to work, but that would definitely be a con of getting this puppy.

Thanks!
priee480

Re: Irig Pro Duo as standalone 2ch pre?

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:34 pm

Hi, it will not pass signal without being connected to a device. It functions as an audio interface but it is not a DI / passthrough box.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers