Another iRig HD 2 serial number registration problem

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Another iRig HD 2 serial number registration problem

Postby Jlindsay67 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:13 am

Hi Guys,

Seems like I am having the same problem as other new iRig HD 2 users in that I cannot register my serial number and gain access to Amplitube 4. When I try to register I get "The provided serial number cannot be registered (code -101)".

I have raised a ticket but, as it's nearly Christmas, am guessing IK Multimedia won't get back to me for a while.

Has anyone else managed to solve this problem another way?

Many thanks!
Jlindsay67

Re: Another iRig HD 2 serial number registration problem

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:51 pm

IK Support will need to assist you directly. They will get back to you as soon as possible. I've also passed this along to the team to see if there is an issue in the system or if it is with specific units/serial numbers/etc.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Jlindsay67 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:01 pm

I still cannot register and there has been no reply to my support ticket...not impressed! :(
Jlindsay67

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:07 pm

Jlindsay67 wrote:I still cannot register and there has been no reply to my support ticket...not impressed! :(

There was likely a high volume of tickets over the holidays and they will get back to you soon. For Mac/PC software that you get with iRig HD 2 note that you can demo any gear that you'll be getting with the registration and you'll get sorted within that time if that helps.

Please, per the guidelines at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505 , post your ticket number here. Thanks.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Steve_Clee » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:57 am

Exact same issue here, Ticket # 973094. Cant get the software included with the rig without the registration working
Steve_Clee

Postby clinttravis » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:40 pm

I recently got around to registering the serial on my HD Pro.

Got the -101 error when I typed the serial in manually....BUT when I used the QR code from the included registration card the loaded serial registered correctly, so that may be worth a shot.
clinttravis

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:57 pm

Thank you for that potential workaround and for others where that also may not work, IK Support will definitely assist in your tickets. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Jlindsay67 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:46 pm

Thanks for all the replies guys. There is clearly a big problem here as so many people are posting about it on the forum...

@clinttravis, sadly your solution didn't work for me! Did you scan the QR code on an iPhone?

IK Multimedia support have finally replied to my ticket, asking me to submit a copy of my receipt, which is pretty annoying as this was a gift and I do not have the receipt to hand.
Jlindsay67

Postby clinttravis » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:04 pm

Jlindsay67 wrote:@clinttravis, sadly your solution didn't work for me! Did you scan the QR code on an iPhone?

I did. I also purchased an iRig HD 2 yesterday as a late christmas gift to myself (yay having a headphone jack again, finally....) and was able to register it's serial with the QR code. Both successful QR code registrations were done using an iphone 8 plus's camera to scan.
clinttravis

Postby toolbox » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:55 am

I had same problem trying to register the IRig device and finally got it to work with the great help of Sweetwater.com tech support where I bought it from. Not IK support--they were totally MIA Big Shout Out to Sweetwater techs !!!

As posted in another thread<<<
The Free IRecorder software included, turns out to be NOT SO FREE. You have to buy add-ons to get it to work--I did. Granted it was only 4.99 but every time I try to launch it on my IPad it prompts me to buy it again. IK tech support is HORRIBLE--I've been trying for almost 2 weeks to get support and all their responses are dead ends. Now they are telling me its an apple store issue. Bullshit--it works on my i phone just fine and my Laptop but NOT on my IPad.

I'm ready to ship everything back to Sweetwater for a full refund as defective IK merch and buy a different brand altogether-- Hey IK, if you're lurking my ticket number is #157822
toolbox

Postby MichaelGallen » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:21 am

I'm having the same problem. Won't register my irig HD. I also can't raise a ticket with support. I filled in the whole form, clicked submit, and there was no indication it went through. It just sat there doing nothing. Any support people reading this - how can I contact you? Or, an even better idea, why don't you contact me? Here's my email address: [redacted - please do not post email addresses here or anywhere public as spambots might get them]
MichaelGallen

Postby toolbox » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:20 pm

[redacted. This is not a tech support forum per the rules and guidelines. Please follow what you copied and pasted below but via PM to one of the mods listed in the guidelines linked below too]

<<<There was likely a high volume of tickets over the holidays and they will get back to you soon. For Mac/PC software that you get with iRig HD 2 note that you can demo any gear that you'll be getting with the registration and you'll get sorted within that time if that helps.

Please, per the guidelines at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505 , post your ticket number here. Thanks.>>>
toolbox

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:11 am

If you cannot open the tech support type of ticket please use the sales & service form and it should work.

Please post any existing tickets via PM as per the guidelines at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Since this thread has become a platform for angry rants and not following the advice given above, consider it as having fun it’s course and is now locked. Please do as advised above and your issues will get resolved. Thank you and happy new year.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers