NAMM 2018 Teaser! (iRig Stomp I/O)

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Re: NAMM 2018 Teaser! (iRig Stomp I/O)

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:00 pm

mgartner wrote:If we pre order the irig stomp io, do we get immediate access to the bundled software, or do we have to wait for the hardware to ship ?

You get the software after you receive and register the iRig Stomp I/O unit.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mgartner » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:03 pm

Thanks. And that's still looking like sometime in March?
mgartner

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:38 pm

mgartner wrote:Thanks. And that's still looking like sometime in March?

Likely late March from what I'm hearing.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jjguitar » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:52 pm

Is it possible to use iRig StompIO as my main computer soundcard ?
Does it have WDM Drivers so I can use it for other stuff like Guitar Pro, youtube, windows media player ...
Gear: Amplitube 5
Guitars: Heritage H-150, Gibson LP, Melancon Strat, Haar Strat, ESP Ron Wood Tele w/ stainless steel frets
jjguitar

Postby christianmccormick » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:55 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
ralf.e.nord wrote:Interesting product. If I buy the IRig Stomp I/O, can it be connected to my PRO Duo in any way? Or maybe it replaces the PRO Duo? I want one mic input and one guitar input but I can only see one input on the Irig Stomp I/O? How does this work?
Ralf

iRig Stomp I/O has an audio interface built in but it is a single channel interface. You may be able to use it with another interface on computer but you will only have a single input on an iOS device so you would not be able to there.

Yes that was exactly my point in my post further up. The Stomp looks like a very cool product but it is really unfortunate it is single input. The Pro Duo is dual input and allows for mic and guitar and use of amplitube and Vocalive simultaenously. Having a Pro Duo with a stomp box would have been the ideal setup! Maybe Version 2? :-)

In the meantime I will continue using my two blueboards (one to control Amplitube and one to share controls with amplitube and Vocalive) and my Blue Turn for Iklip... All work flawlessly, together with my Pro Duo... Not an all in one stomp box like the Stomp but still a very cool rig.

Keep up the great product IK Mutlimedia!
christianmccormick

Postby jppineau » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:05 am

Hi, there,

Not sure about one thing : is the processing unit (iPad, computer, Tablet, etc) a necessity to have the pedalboard working? I mean that I am not sure about the usage of the said devices. Do we need to plug them just for editing and making patches settings or are they needed for actual operation?

Thanks in advance!
jppineau

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:27 pm

jppineau wrote:Hi, there,

Not sure about one thing : is the processing unit (iPad, computer, Tablet, etc) a necessity to have the pedalboard working? I mean that I am not sure about the usage of the said devices. Do we need to plug them just for editing and making patches settings or are they needed for actual operation?

Thanks in advance!

You would use your computer or iOS device to run the software/app that actually creates the sounds (an amp sim like AmpliTube, for example) and keep it plugged in for that usage. There is no sound-generating software embedded in iRig Stomp I/O.

However, if you'd like to use iRig Stomp I/O as a standalone MIDI foot controller you can connect it to a MIDI interface and/or device to control directly without a computer or iPad attached directly to iRig Stomp I/O. As noted at http://www.irigstompio.com :
Can also work as a standalone MIDI foot controller, without a device or computer
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby giaturr » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:40 pm

However, if you'd like to use iRig Stomp I/O as a standalone MIDI foot controller you can connect it to a MIDI interface and/or device to control directly without a computer or iPad attached directly to iRig Stomp I/O. As noted at http://www.irigstompio.com :

This is a good point.
The link doesn't say anything but this short description.
Since the unit is quite expensive, it would be useful to have some more information, just to start thinking about pre-ordering. A user Manual (outside reserved area) would be perfect.

How does it work as a standalone MIDI controller? My guess is it will send both PC and CC messages. But can these be configured? There's a software do this task, maybe? Or are they four fixed CC, one per foot switch?

Thank you
giaturr

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:07 pm

iRig Stomp I/O will send CC/PC messages but there will be no editor released with it. If you'd like deeper technical insight you may want to discuss with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-sup ... -hardware/

Thank you
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby giaturr » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:14 pm

iRig Stomp I/O will send CC/PC messages but there will be no editor released with it. If you'd like deeper technical insight you may want to discuss with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-sup ... -hardware/

Maybe I'll wait for some test/review, or a shared copy of the user manual.
No pre-order without this info.

Thank you
giaturr

Postby ramuji » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:04 am

Will the Leslie collections be available to demo before the pre-order period runs out?
--
ramuji
ramuji.com
ramuji

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:33 pm

ramuji wrote:Will the Leslie collections be available to demo before the pre-order period runs out?

Any demo will normally only be available when the software is released and that is when the pre-order is over so that would not be likely. Personally having used the Leslie gear at NAMM and beyond, I'd say this is not a huge risk to preorder as it sounds AMAZING but that's my opinion :)
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ramuji » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:57 am

Peter_IK wrote:Any demo will normally only be available when the software is released and that is when the pre-order is over so that would not be likely. Personally having used the Leslie gear at NAMM and beyond, I'd say this is not a huge risk to preorder as it sounds AMAZING but that's my opinion :)

Yeah, that makes sense.
I have zero qualms about pre-ordering Amplitube Leslie. I'm just still trying to decide whether to get T-RackS Leslie as well.
--
ramuji
ramuji.com
ramuji

Postby dansero » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:57 pm

Will the IPad Pro fit?
dansero

Postby aceofmusic7 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:10 pm

Nice!!!!!
aceofmusic7