iRig HD 2 Clipping

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig HD 2 Clipping

Postby jakefrederick » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:04 am

Just purchased an iRig HD 2 and the signal is clipping. Its coming straight from the guitar (nothing else in the chain) and the gain is turned all the way down on the iRig. The LED is showing clipping and I'm seeing clipping on the input in my DAW. The pickups are pretty hot (Seymour Duncan Hot Rails) but I'm playing mostly metal and all my guitars have high output pickups, so if this is an inherent limitation of the device it will be of little use to me. Turning down the volume of the pickup on the guitar is not a solution (yes it avoids clipping but will alter the tone). Anyone else encounter this?
jakefrederick

Re: iRig HD 2 Clipping

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:22 pm

Since other users have not chimed in for a bit, I'd recommend seeking official support from IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support as I'm sure they can assist you directly and resolve this issue.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jakefrederick » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:49 pm

I did, and they have yet to answer.
jakefrederick

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:55 pm

IK Support will typically answer tickets within 1-2 business days during office hours Eastern time. Thank you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jakefrederick » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:31 pm

I posted the support ticket on Saturday. I followed up yesterday asking if they'd seen the ticket. Nothing.
jakefrederick

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:16 pm

jakefrederick wrote:I posted the support ticket on Saturday. I followed up yesterday asking if they'd seen the ticket. Nothing.

They will typically answer within 1-2 business days so they may be a bit backed up with the huge SampleTank 4 release. Please PM your ticket number if you'd like me to have someone take a look.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jakefrederick » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:59 pm

Will do, thanks. Mostly just concerned with getting it sorted out while I can still return the device.
jakefrederick

Return to Interfaces & Controllers