Irig Stomp I/O + Microsoft Surface

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Irig Stomp I/O + Microsoft Surface

Postby dbahamondesv » Sat Aug 17, 2024 2:46 pm

Hello to everyone

Can you tell me and share the experience of using the irig stomp I/O with the Microsoft surface. I would like to exchange my old iPad for a surface device but I need to clarify the versatility of this combination and what hardware requirements they recommend for a trouble-free experience.

Best regards
dbahamondesv

Re: Irig Stomp I/O + Microsoft Surface

Postby 0dysseusRex » Tue Aug 27, 2024 4:00 am

I've been using a Surface Pro 4 with a Stomp I/O for years now, and it has worked perfectly. Just get the USB Asio driver directly from the IK Multimedia Product Manager and you are all set. No need to mess with any ASIO settings. I use it on a live setup, so I have an unpowered volume pedal between my Stomp I/O and audio system.

A Pro 4 with a Core M3 and 4gbs of ram I would say is the oldest model I would recommend. I used to use a Pro 2 but it struggled sometimes with the system requirements.

I will say, the experience using the surface pro pen with Amplitube kind of sucks. You really need a mouse otherwise you are going to be struggling with the absolutely tiny scroll bars in the Windows version.
0dysseusRex

Return to Interfaces & Controllers